Chapter 19: Chosen

I was floating in complete darkness. When I looked around I couldn't see a thing besides the lower half of myself and my arms along with my tail and the ends of my long hair. I didn't know where I was if anywhere.

I looked around completely lost, but then I started to see something. I am really seeing it, right? It was very faint but it looked like white dots. The more I waited the more visible it became. Yeah, they're white dots. It looks like there's thousands of them. No, wait, maybe millions. And then I recognized them as stars. I was in space, complete black except for the stars. And then as I looked around, a blue hue started to slowly fade in. Gradient black and blue. I then started to see pink and purple fade into view as well. And then I looked behind me and saw a blotch of something. It was glowing. Pinks and purples and blues and even some turquoise. I looked around and it had surrounded me. It looked like a part of a galaxy, consisting of colorful gases and such. It was beautiful to say the least.

"I'm glad you're okay." I gasped and turned to the voice. My eyes widened. "Headmistress Sugarheart!" I gasped, relieved. "Yes, hello Lily." She says smiling. I turned over, trying to swim over to her. "Use your magic to create gravity." She instructs me. "I can't. I don't know how to." I said sadly. "Trust me, I've been trying." "Do it." I blinked in confusion. "Huh?" "The instructions," she says, "you hear them don't you?" I listen hard. I didn't hear anything when suddenly a very interesting sound echos. It's heard like a strange language. I looked at her lost, like a kid doing what the teacher is telling them to do as best they can but still not exactly understanding and thinking it's still wrong. "If you listen, you can hear them. The words and sounds the spirit of your galaxy magic is conveying to you. It's teaching you how to use it." Headmistress Sugarheart watches me. "You're thinking too hard. Just do it. Even if you're not sure or don't even know exactly what you're doing, do it anyway." I watch below me with determined eyes. I began to speak sounds that I didn't know I could make and suddenly I was pulled onto invisible ground. I stared wide eyed at the space beneath me. "I... did it..." I said. "Yay finally!!" I celebrated. Headmistress Sugarheart chuckled. "I knew you could do it, you just needed a bit of help. Here in the World of Aesthetica, things can be complex and it's easy to allow things to go over your head, but always just remember, don't overthink it." She lectures me. "Seriously," she says turning to me, "it truly applies to everything here." "Anyways, I have so many questions about what's going on right now." "Yes," the headmistress says pondering, "it truly is a questionable series of events." "Wait, you don't know?" I asked in disbelief. "Not much I know on this situation, but I do know that it is within your reach, and I know you can grab it." "W-Wait... you don't mean..."

"It's your job to save the World of Aesthetica."

I stared blankly at her with wide, dumbfounded eyes. "I-... W-WHAT??" "But of course, you can't do it alone, so you must keep your friends at your sides no matter what." "Wait but-... why me? I mean I understand I do really well in school which includes battle training or whatever but don't you think maybe someone like you with more magical experience or something should—" "No." My eyes widen. "Wha-..." "Nope." She smiles. "Why?" "Because," she says, "everyone must study magic to understand it and such, but you. I've been observing you as you work in your classes, and you truly just seem to naturally understand it. You feel it. You see it. And your heart and soul shows when you use it. It's why you're doing so well in all your classes. Straight A's. You and magic naturally go well together." She walks a bit closer to me. "You're just like me." She finishes before grinning.

She takes me down the path, and when I looked down, it started to become visible. A platform of stardust lined along to lead to a star platform. I stop just before the platform and Sugarheart runs onto the platform. She jump twirls onto the platform and lands in the middle of the platform on one knee. Lines appeared from the middle of each point of the star and traveled to the center.

A light hugs and secures her, before disintegrating, leaving her in a dress that a contemporary dancer would wear. White with silver and cotton candy blue jewels. A tiny silver tiara sits comfortably on her head.

She brings her hands over her head and opens to the palms of her hands. A sphere of light grows in between her hands. "It's in your bloodline." She says. "Come, Lily." I walk to her and stand in front of her. I lift my hands in the air as high as I can, close my eyes, and change my appearance. I opened my eyes and I was wearing a contemporary dress, designed to correspond with my two magical abilities. She claps her hands together and the sphere explodes.

White light surrounds us.