Lost in the Darkness (A Sasuke love story) Chapter: 29

Kuni clashed as we fought, sending sparks in the air around us. We jumped and attacked, charged and leaped, but we both knew we were holding back. He tried to talk to me, but I wouldn't listen.

"Zara! Listen I-"

I cut him off with by cutting his cheek.

"Shut up!"

He looked pissed, he must have been. Before I knew it he jumped away from me, forming handsigns and slamming his palms into the ground.

"Earth Style: Rose Prison Jutsu!"

Rose covered vines came up from the ground, wrapping themselves around me and digging their thorns into my flesh. I winced, but glared at him.

"Let me go!"

"I will if you listen!"

"No-"

I was cut off by a vine wrapping around my mouth, cutting my lips and cheeks.

"I don't know how they found you, I have no idea how they could have possibly gotten you. But you need to know that I didn't have anything to do with it.

I struggled against the vines, desperatly trying to free myself to portest. I wanted to hold back the memories, the pain, but I couldn't. It all came back to me in a blur.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood on the roof of a village shop, smirking down at the young priest in training. Phoenix glared up at me, hatred burning in his eyes.

"You monster! Come down here and face me yourself!!"

He said such hurtful words, but he didnt look like he meant them, not even in the slightest.

"Aww Phinie-chan, why so rude~? I thought you liked my company."

"Shut up!"

He threw his staff at me, almost piercing my heart. I quickly moved out of it's way, letting it get stuck into the tree. He leaped into the air and threw a punch, which I quickly dodged and returned

*~*~*~*~*

I was kneeling down by the small pond infront of my hideout, which was located right behind the waterfall that flowed into the pond. I washed my wounds, making sure to get out that poison that Phienox uses on his staff. Sure, it dosnt kill me. But it does sting. After I was done I lingered by the water, looking deeply at my reflection. Seeing the mark on my neck made me miss him; oto-san... I hadent realized it, but i was crying. I chuckled at my weakness, wiping the tears away and standing from my crouching position. I guess i didnt hear the footsteps behind me, because the arms around me caught me off guard.

"You dont have to be alone anymore."

My eyes widened when I heard his voice.

"P-Phoenix?"

"I know what its like...to lose everything, to have to live alone in pain and sorrow. I lost my family too Zara..."

My glare softened and more tears fell. I held onto his arms and he hugged me from behind, hearing the smile in his voice as he spoke,

"Lets be alone together, Zara."

I somehow was able to smile and nod softly, the tears finally coming to a stop. ~

*~*~*~*~*~

Soft footsteps echoed through the cave as Phoenix walked in, carrying something in his hand. I rose an eyebrow, gestureing to his fist. He grinned at me, sitting behind me and placing something cool around my neck. A smooth, cold object lay on my chest, connected to the chain now around my neck. I looked down at the pendent, smiling once i saw the half heart that fit prefectly with his. He smiled at me, placing his lips soflty on mine before pulling away.

"Now we'll be connected, forever."

~*~*~*~*~

I was sitting on the cot in my cave, twirling the pendent in my fingers, when I heard the footsteps of many people. I stood, making my way out of the cave. In front of me stood the village men, Ibinu standing infront of them; a sly smirk on his face.

~*~*~*~*~

I was kneeled down infront of a block of stone, my arms tied behind my back. The whole village gathered around us, watching, waiting for Ibinu to raise his sword and end my life. I couldnt help but let a few tears fall, the feeling of betrayle pooling inside me. He made me believe he cared, believe that I was important to him. He convinced me to love him, only to go behind my back and rat me out. He was the only one who knew where I was. Phoinex,,you bastard. Ibinu smirked down at me, a strange emotion flashing in his eyes before he raised his sword. I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the pain.

"STOP!!"

Phoinex's voice was loud and clear as he made his way through the crowd, finally coming up the temple stairs and to us. I could feel something in my body as he question what was going on, something strange, something...powerful. I felt my eyes change, my nails grow longer, and my K9s growing longer and sharper. Purple chakra surrounded my body, but he didnt notice.

"You tratior.."

He stopped talking, they all did, and looked at me. His eyes widened when he say me. Anger rushed through my veins, pain and dispear tearing through my core. I easily snapped the ropes, standing and looking at the crowd infront of me.

"Zara! Dont-"

But it was too late, I had already sent my purple chakra out in one large rush, sending the ones near me flying. The next few moment were disasterious. I set fire to every building, slaughtered every villager and animal. The village was in ruins when I was done. Corpses and ashes everywhere. Ibinu lay by what used to be the temple, large claw marks across his chest, blood soaking into his clothes. Haru lay on his side by his mother and twin sister, blood oozing from the bite mark in his shoulder. I turned from the village, making my way to the exit.

"Zara."

I stopped and turned back. Phienox lay on the ground a few feet away, bites and cuts all over his body. I glared at him and took is staff, snapping in in half. After that i ripped the chain from my neck and tossed it beside him. I left the pitiful village behind, not once did i turn and look back

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know, i made her a total jerk here but meh. VOTE COMMENT

THX GUYS