Chapter 15: Start to A New!

(Time skip: Next day: Luke's Pov.)

I woke up to no Calena next to me. I sniffed the air to see how fresh her scent was and it was two hours old. So she could be anywhere. I got out of bed and noticed a note on the door.

Luke,

I'll be either in my office or in a meeting. If I'm not in my office find something to do without getting hurt, plz?

Sincerely,

Queen Calena

I let out a small laugh when she underlined 'without' because she was worried about me. Well, I guess I'll go see if she in her office. I got to her office and she's not there. I guess I'll ask a guard to show me around.

"Hey, can you show me around?" I asked the nearest guard.

"Sure thing!" said the guard, "I'm Mason by the way!"

"Mason Blue?!?"

"Yep!" said Mason.

"Wow, a lot has changed in the past three years."

"Yeah. Krystal, Danny, Loki, Cassie, and Aidan are guards as well as myself. Wint is the kingdom healer, Ella is the kingdom's librarian, Jake's Ian's personal guard, and Ian usually helps outside of the kingdom as Prince Ian. Calena is now Queen and Jordan's stone body is out back along with Alena's body. Kenady is the kingdom's head guard and the little ones are still in school!" said Mason filling me in.

"Who's Calena's personal guard?"

"She didn't want one!" he answered. He showed me all around the castle until I knew where everything was.

(Calena's Pov.)

I'm in this meeting again! This is the fifth time the dragon council has called for me to tell them my choice of a king. To be honest I haven't seen the point of it.

"Well, we'll give you one month this time to make your choice!" said Leo the leader of the dragon council.

"Thank you! I won't disappoint you this time."

"Good day my Queen!" said Angel the secondary leader of the council.

"Thank you for your time!"

I left after that. To be honest, I might have someone in mind, but I'm not sure if he's up for it. I'm thinking Luke can be king with me since he's already marked me. Speaking of Luke where is he. I can't find him anywhere! I guess I'll have to call Mason up to help me. Mason developed this way for him and me to keep in touch. It's simply a red gem that we wear around our necks.

"Mason?"

"Yeah what's up?" he asked.

"I can't find Luke! Can you-" He started laughing. "What?"

"He's with me!" he said.

"Okay! Meet you at the roof then!" I said before running to the roof. I got there at least 20 minutes before them.

"Wow, Calena! Haven't seen that smile in three years!" said Mason.

"Well, that's because you didn't hurt my mate!"

"Makes sense... Wait? Did you say m-mate?" he asked.

"Yep! Luke Ice is my 'marked' mate!"

Luke blushed at my words while Mason just left with his hands up in the air in defeat. I know he still loves me because he's been trying to get with me for three years, but I won't give him another chance. As I watched Mason walk away, I felt someone wrap their arms around me and suck on my neck. I let out a small moan, but not loud enough for the person to hear me.