the two of them spent the rest of the week together. every single day, the moment minho woke up, he immediately made his way over to river bank where he knew jisung would be.

jisung would always be sitting at the edge of the river bank, humming a soft tune to himself as he stared at the clouds.

jisung had originally planned to leave the village, but the moment minho arrived, he scrapped away that plan without any hesitation.

"so...you can't touch humans but you can touch inanimate objects?" minho verified with jisung as he stuffed a sandwich into his mouth. jisung nods as he picks up a small pebble, throwing it into the water.

minho hums in understanding as he continues to chew on his breakfast. a comfortable silence settled between them as they stared at the river bank, feeling the gentle breeze wrap around their bodies.

jisung can't help but smile as he looks over at minho who was busy trying to swallow his food. for the past week, he had been trying to figure out what the funny feeling in his stomach was.

every time he saw minho, he would feel all sorts of emotions, it almost felt like he was human again. he couldn't help but wonder to himself, did minho feel the same way when he saw him?

"have you figured out why your soul is stuck here yet?" jisung shakes his head in disappointment, "i don't even know where to start" minho eyes gleamed as he suddenly thought of an idea.

"i think i might have a theory! let's go back to my house and i'll show you something" minho exclaimed as he jumped up, motioning for jisung to follow him. jisung had absolutely no idea what minho had, but he followed him without any questions.

soon enough, the two boys reached minho's grandparents house. it was a small bungalow with a beautiful garden. minho opens the door and jisung awkwardly follows close behind. after all, it was the first time he's even been to minho's place.

the atmosphere of his grandparents house was warm and inviting, instantly making jisung feel comfortable. "grandma, i'm back!" minho yells as he walks up the stairs which leads to the bedrooms.

jisung followed suit, looking around the house in awe. minho stopped in front of the first door on the second floor before pushing the door open, leading to minho's room.

the wall was painted a light blue and had mostly white furniture. to jisung's surprise, the room was quite neat which he didn't expect. minho walks over to his bookshelf, pulling out books and throwing them onto the floor.

jisung frowns in confusion, "what are you doing?" minho doesn't respond as he continues to look for something. "i know i put it somewher- i found it!" minho exclaims as he pulls out a book excitedly. jisung raises an eyebrow, not understanding the situation.

minho puts the book on his table, flipping the book open as he scans the pages. "this was a story book i used to read all the time when i was a child. it was about a ghost who was unable to go to the afterlife. sounds familiar, doesn't it?"

minho says as he looks up at jisung, who was busy staring at the pages of the book. maybe this might hold the answer he had been desperately searching for.

minho stops at a page as he points at the words. "see! this is it! it says here that the ghost realised that he had always wanted to see a rainbow but he never had the chance to"

minho flips to the next page, "right after he manages to see a rainbow as a ghost, he heads on to the afterlife" jisung eyes widened as he finally understands what minho was trying to say.

"you're saying i need to go and look for a rainbow right now?" jisung exclaims in excitement, making minho groan in frustration. "no, you dumbass. i'm saying that there's probably something you've wanted to do when you were still alive, but never had the chance to. so if you manage to figure that out, you can go fulfil your dream and you'll be able to leave this world!"

jisung's mouth curved up into a smile as he realises that minho's theory might actually be correct. however, his smile leaves his face as fast as it appeared. "how am i supposed to figure out what i wanted to do when i was a human? that was 5 years ago, i barely remember anything"

before minho could say anything, his room door opens, making jisung flinch a little before he realised that no one else could see him.

"minho, who are you talking to?" minho's grandma asks as minho stood there, trying to come up with something. he scratches his head and gives her a sheepish smile. "i'm just reading this book to myself?"

thankfully, his grandma didn't seem suspect anything. "alright, come down for lunch later" she says sweetly before she closes her door. both jisung and minho let out a sigh of relief, before softly gigging to each other.

"you should've just told her that you were talking to your ghost friend. she wouldn't have believed you anyways" jisung says as he hops onto minho's bed, messing it up.

"your bed's really comfy. i miss sleeping on a bed" jisung groans as he lays down on the bed. minho jumps onto the bed, landing right beside jisung.

the both of them stared at the ceiling as a comfortable silence settled between them.

"then, do you want to sleep here tonight?"