十一

"is this it?" minho says as he holds up a piece of paper he found in the top drawer of jisung's desk.

jisung lets out a yelp as he runs over to minho, grabbing it out of his hands. "yes, oh my god you found it" jisung says happily as he reads the handwriting on the paper.

the paper was heavily decorated with stickers and drawings, as expected from 10 year old jisung.

"i wrote this when i was 10 years old, i had just finished watching a movie and i got inspired to make a bucket list of my own. it's mostly filled with nonsensical bullshit but there are a few things i really wanted to do"

jisung points and shows minho, "see? i wrote down 'i really want to go to a carnival in seoul, like in the kdramas i've watched'"

"wait, you've never been to a carnival in seoul?" minho says in surprise, his eyes widening.

jisung nods sadly, "i've never even been to seoul, my parents never had the time to bring me there"

jisung continues reading the list and starts to frown. "hold on, i've written down so many things that i wanted to do. that's way too many. there must be one that was truly something i wanted to do"

minho looks at the piece of paper, biting his lips as he thinks. "well, i guess we'll never know unless we do all of things you wrote down. we have all the time in the world anyways"

jisung looks up at minho with a pout on his face, "why would you want to spend so much time on me, a ghost?" jisung shakes his head, not wanting to let a human waste his time on such a small matter.

"because i want to see you happy" minho says under his breath, hoping that jisung didn't catch it.

jisung heard it and he swore that he felt his heart skip a beat, even though his heart wasn't even pumping anymore. jisung coughs and laughs, pretending he didn't hear anything.

"so we've got all that we needed, let's go?" jisung suggests as he looks at minho. minho nods as he quickly folds the piece of paper and slides it into his back pocket.

"ah, we almost forgot about the item that i supposedly left with you" minho says as he quickly reaches over to grab a pen from jisung's table.

the boys head downstairs, where jisung's mum was waiting for them. "ah, did you find that item already?" she says as she looks at the pen minho was holding.

minho nods, giving her a small smile. "would you like to stay for lunch? i've never seen you around jisung before so i'd really like to get to know you"

minho's eyes widen, "i-i wouldn't want to intrud-" he stammers before jisung's mum interrupts him with a small laugh.

"don't worry about it, let's go to the dining room" she says as she grabs minho's arm and drags him to the dining room, jisung following close behind.

what? what am i supposed to say? i've never even met jisung when he was alive and i've only known him for like a week.

minho looks at jisung frantically, signalling for help. jisung shrugs and laughs once more, making minho roll his eyes. how helpful.

jisung's mum sits minho down on a chair, before running to the kitchen to grab a few dishes. minho pulls another chair out, motioning for jisung to sit beside him.

"what am i supposed to tell your mother? that i can see ghosts and you're in the house right now??" minho whispers urgently, throwing his hands up in the air.

"just lie or something, i haven't seen her in a while. just let me spend more time with her, please" jisung pleads minho, tugging on his shirt a little.

"ugh, fine. only for you" minho gives up as he leans against the back of the chair, racking his brains as he tries to think of a back story for him and jisung.