十六

the boys arrive in seoul in two hours, letting out a sigh of relief as they got off the bus. the bus ride was extremely boring, even for jisung who normally enjoyed bus rides.

there was barely anything to do on the bus and minho couldn't speak too loudly to jisung as well, unless they wanted to get judged by everyone around them.

"we're finally here" jisung says as he looks around the busy city in amazement. after so many years, he was finally in the city he had dreamed of visiting.

"let's go explore seoul! we can't waste any time" jisung says excitedly as he tries to grab minho's hand to pull him. he briefly forgets that he's a ghost and his hand goes through minho's hand.

both of the boys jump back, slightly startled. jisung lets out an awkward laugh as he tries to shake it off. "ah, sorry about that. i got so excited i almost forgot that i was a ghost. let's go!"

before minho could say anything else, jisung took off to the nearest building he could see, which happened to be the lotte department store.

"it's so big, holy shit" jisung whispers to himself as he looks around the huge mall which was filled with people bustling around.

minho stands next to jisung, his hands in his pockets as he observes the look of amazement on jisung's face. he had never seen someone this excited about seoul before.

minho had spent his entire life in the city, he was so tired of it. however, seeing jisung so excited about it made minho happy as well, even though he slightly detested the city he grew up in.

"hey, you wanted to take pictures in a photobooth right? there's a whole place just for photobooths, follow me" minho instructs as he gestures for jisung to follow him.

the people surrounding the both of them were too distracted by their phones they didn't notice minho, who seemed like he was talking to himself.

the boys reached the third floor and minho walks into a store which had minimal people. the store was filled with different types of photobooths, ranging from different sizes and colours.

jisung's mouth gapes open as he looks around the store, looking for one that he wanted to take a photo in. he spots one that he seemed to like and quickly ushered minho into the photobooth.

the both of them looked at each other, before looking at the camera in front of them. "would you be seen in the pictures?" minho asks curiously as he looks back at jisung, who looked equally as troubled.

jisung tilts his head, frowning a little. "i'm not sure. i've never thought about whether i'd even appear on the photos. it's not like i wrote these wishes when i was already dead. how would i know that i'd die that soon?"

minho laughs at jisung's frustration before clicking on the digital screen in front of them. "you can pick what kind of frames you want, and we can even decorate our pictures later"

minho tries to teach jisung as he points at a few buttons on the screen, jisung smiled widely as he tried to follow minho's instructions, his smile turning even wider once he got it right.

jisung tugs on minho's jacket, "let's take pictures together" he clicks on the camera icon, and both of the boys appear on the screen in front of them. 

"hey, if you appear on the screen, does that mean you'll appear in the photos as well?" minho asks. he was secretly desperate to take a photo with jisung.

jisung shrugs as he clicks on the icon again as the camera starts to count down. "guess we'll have to try to find out"

both boys posed together for the several photos. they gradually stood closer to each other, the gap between them becoming smaller the more photos they took.

minho pretends to be putting his arm around jisung's shoulder, actually resting it in the air.

the both of them smile widely for the last picture, and jisung realises that the smile he had put on was the biggest smile he's worn ever since he became a ghost.

"alright, we've taken all four pictures. it's time to decorate" both the boys took the pens from the booth, clicking on the pictures as they begin to decorate it separately.

minho looks over at jisung, who seems to be concentrating really hard on decorating the photos. minho quickly draws a small heart between the both of them on the last picture, making sure jisung didn't catch him in the act.

on the other hand, jisung had also been trying to write something on the picture. on the bottom corner of the last picture, he scribbles down a small message.

'minsung' was what he had scribbled down and minho happens to catch jisung write it down. he leans over to jisung's side to read what he had written, making jisung panic.

"don't read it! that's cheating" jisung yells as he tries to cover the screen. minho manages to read what jisung had written down, smirking once he realised what 'minsung' was.

"minsung? sounds cute enough for the both of us. i like it" minho says as he laughs softly, shaking his head as he went back to decorating his own pictures.

jisung lets out a sigh, getting that strange feeling in his stomach again. i can't like him. stop this feeling, please. he's making it so hard for me to stop.

the both of them finish decorating the pictures and stood outside the booth, waiting for the pictures to be printed out.

jisung gets a little nervous, tapping his feet as he waits for the pictures to come out. minho seems to sense jisung's nervousness and tries to reassure him, "don't worry. whether or not you appear in the photos, you'll always be a part of my memory. today will also be a part of your memory that you'll never forget"

minho's words seem to calm jisung down, and his foot tapping gradually stops. the photo strips drop into the slot next to the booth, and minho quickly takes it out.

he holds it out in his hand, face down as he passes one to jisung. minho mentally thanked the gods that there was no one here today, people would've definitely freaked out if they saw a photo strip floating mid air.

both boys flip the photo strip over at the same time, checking whether jisung had appeared in the photos.

minho's eyes widened, and he looks up at jisung who was already smiling widely. "you're in the photos. i see you" minho says as he jumps up.

jisung lets out a squeal as he jumps up and down in excitement, he could feel his non existent heart racing. he couldn't believe that he had actually appeared in the photo strip.

minho takes out the bucket list from his backpack, drawing a tick next to the photobooth wish.

jisung smiles, hiding the real reason behind his happiness. he wasn't really worried about whether he had appeared in the photos or not.

jisung just wanted minho to remember him, even after he leaves for the afterworld. his picture would definitely serve as a reminder for him.

jisung wanted to be a part of minho's life, even if he wasn't going to be a significant part of it.