jisung gazes outside the window, watching the scenery zoom past him in a hazy blur. he had forgotten how comforting bus trips like this had been.

flying had its own advantages, of course. no traffic, no loud obnoxious kids screaming at the back of the bus. but there was something about bus trips that brought a sense of comfort to jisung. he liked it, a lot.

jisung looks over at minho, who had his eyes closed. is he asleep? jisung ponders as he continues to stare at minho, which had somehow become a habit of his.

he was thankful for what minho had done for him earlier, not letting the lady sit on the seat he was on. it felt like minho was treating him like an actual human. not a ghost, not a wandering spirit. just a normal person.

minho senses jisung looking at him, and he opens one eyes to peek at jisung, making him slightly flustered.

"why are you looking at me, am i too attractive?" minho teases the younger, who was already flustered enough. jisung tries to play it off, shooting minho a glare.

"you wish. i was bored and you happened to be the most entertaining thing on this bus" jisung says, trying to defend himself.

minho lets out a small laugh, taking out his phone, plugging in his earpieces. "so, you can hold non living objects right?" he confirms with jisung, who affirms it with a nod.

minho hands jisung one side of the earbuds, motioning for him to place it in his ear. jisung does so hesitantly, doesn't this always happen during korean dramas?

minho places the other side of the earbuds into his ear, leaning slightly closer to jisung so that the earbuds don't fall out. he opens his playlist and taps on shuffle before the music starts to fill up his ears and drown out the background noise.

jisung hums in delight as he realises that minho was playing one of his favourite artists, the rose. jisung leans closer to minho, peering at his playlist in amazement.

"woah, these are all my favourite songs. turns out we have a pretty similar taste in music" jisung says, not realising how close he was to minho.

however, minho was busy trying to look away from jisung, who was just inches away from his face. he could feel his ears getting hot, which meant that his face was probably bright red too.

if jisung was a human, he would probably be able to feel jisung's breath on his cheek. he finally leans away from minho, who lets out a big sigh of relief.

jisung smiles happily as he continues to stare out of the window, softly humming along with the song that was blasting into his ears. it's been long since he had felt like this.

minho can't help but smile as he watches jisung look out the window, with the biggest smile on his face. the sunlight shone through the glass window and casted on jisung's face, making him seem even more beautiful than he already was.

"if only..." minho softly mutters, fully knowing that what his heart was yearning for was something that he'll never be able to get.