epilogue pt 3

"hey, what would it be like if we met each other before i became a ghost?" jisung asks minho as he plays with the grass.

minho hums, pondering upon jisung's question. he never really thought about how things would be like if jisung was still alive.

would things have turned out the way they did?

"well, you would be much older than me. but a 5 year age gap isn't that bad right?"

jisung bursts out laughing, "i'd be 23 while you're only 18. imagine that"

minho lets out a hearty laugh, he doubts that jisung and him would have turned out the way they did if jisung wasn't a ghost.

besides, the only reason him and jisung got close was because of jisung's desperation to leave for the afterworld.

if it weren't for that, jisung and minho wouldn't have had a reason to hang out, maybe they wouldn't have had fallen in love with each other.

they wouldn't be feeling the pain they were feeling right now, knowing that they were going to be separated soon.

however, what if they have always been fated to meet each other?

9 years ago

"grandpa, i want that chocolate bar please" 9 year old minho whines as he points at the chocolate bar on the counter top which was beyond his reach.

his grandfather waves him off, muttering "children shouldn't be consuming so much sugar" he walks out of the convenience store, leaving behind a sulking minho.

he crosses his arms, sulking even more as he refuses to leave the store.

just then, a taller boy walks over to the counter, picking up the chocolate bar that minho so desperately wanted.

the taller boy counts the coins in his hands, frowning a little as he realises he had just enough money for the chocolate bar.

"i guess i won't buy my drink then" the older boy says to himself, before putting back his drink. he pays for the chocolate bar before walking over to small minho, who was still sulking.

he bends down a little, handing over the chocolate bar to minho. "hey, you wanted this right?"

he had overheard minho whining about the bar, and figured it would be better to forgo his own drink to buy the chocolate bar for him.

minho grins widely, instantly reaching out to grab the chocolate bar from the stranger. his smile drops as he remembers what his teacher had constantly told him in school. never take candy from strangers

jisung senses his hesitation as minho pouts once again. "my teacher told me not to take candy from people i don't know"

jisung laughs, before extending his other hand out. "hi, im han jisung. what's your name?" minho extends out his hand as well, and shook the stranger's hand.

their hands fitted perfectly with each other, just like puzzle pieces. "i'm lee minho"

14 year old jisung grins, feeling his heart skip a beat upon seeing the younger boy smile. "see? now we know each other. you can take the chocolate bar from me now"

minho's eyes widen in excitement before taking the chocolate bar out of jisung's hands, thanking the older.

before the two could say anything else, minho's grandfather called out from outside the shop. "minho, hurry! we're running late"

minho looks out of the shop before looking back at jisung, thanking him once again. "thank you so much" he doesn't give jisung time to respond before he runs out of the store, holding the chocolate bar tightly in his hands.

jisung looks at minho as he runs out, unconsciously smiling to himself.

both boys had no idea what the fluttering in their stomachs meant. they didn't have any idea of what was going to happen them in the future.

turns out, the world had so much more in store for the both of them.