二十

the boys spent four more weeks with each other. every other day, they did something different with each other, accomplishing the different dreams jisung had written down.

the more time they spent with each other, the closer they grew, the more they learnt about each other.

at times, they found them arguing over the smallest things, but they would make up quickly, knowing that the time they had with each other was limited.

not much had changed between the two, despite what had happened on the ferris wheel the other night.

the two of them had gotten much closer, but they didn't expect anything more from each other.

sometimes they would find themselves laughing and suddenly getting lost in each other's eyes, but they would soon come to their senses and back off instantly.

they knew that it was wrong, but it still made them happy knowing that they both shared mutual feelings for each other.

upon discovering the last dream he had written down, jisung panicked and sticked the stickers back onto the line, keeping it hidden.

he felt guilty seeing minho put in so much effort to fulfill jisung's unfulfilled dreams, but he didn't want to stop spending time with minho.

once minho realises what jisung's true dream is, what would he do? jisung didn't want to risk anything, so he decided to keep it a secret to himself for now.

it might be selfish of him to do so, but he couldn't help it.

"hey, let's do this tonight!" minho says excitedly as he points to one of jisung's wishes, breaking jisung's train of thought.

"i want to lay under the night sky and look at the stars" jisung squints as he leans forward to read the line.

"i've always wanted to do that as well, let's do it" minho says excitedly, smiling widely as he turns to face jisung.

just then, an idea sparked in minho's head as his eyes lit up. "i need to go back home to do something, i'll meet u at the secret garden tonight? since it's an open garden we'll be able to spend the entire night looking at the stars"

he waves goodbye to jisung before running off, leaving jisung standing there in confusion.

minho reaches his grandparent's house in no time. he goes up to his room, looking around as he tried to find some items.

he wanted to surprise jisung with something romantic. even if him and jisung weren't really dating, it didn't mean that he couldn't do something special for him.

minho knew that he was already falling far too deep for jisung, and the fact that he was helping jisung leave the world was heartwrenching for him.

at times, minho wondered what it would be like if jisung continued staying in this world, together with him.

he longed to stay with jisung, despite the fact that he wasn't even human. but, he knew that he would eventually have to let jisung go.

minho finds a few candles lying around his bedroom, instantly packing those up for tonight.

he comes across the photostrip of him and jisung lying on his study table, doing a double take. he frowns as he picks it up, studying the picture.

in the picture, jisung had faded a lot, you could barely even tell he was there. if not for his dark clothes and his faint outline, it would look like minho had taken the picture by himself.

even in real life, minho could tell that jisung was becoming more translucent. sometimes it was hard to see jisung, so minho had to look extra hard just to find him.

minho sighs as he places the photo back on the table, tucking it to the back of his notebook. looking at that made minho realise that it was almost time for jisung to leave.

he brushed his sadness aside, putting on a small smile as he continued to prepare the things he needed for the night.

5 hours later

just as the sky turned dark, jisung steps into the garden, wondering whether minho was already there.

he squints his eyes as he spots a picnic mat on the grass, "what's that?" he whispers to himself as he walks towards the mat, spotting minho sitting on it.

minho had lit a few candles and placed them around the mat, nervously waiting for jisung to arrive.

he couldn't prepare any food, since jisung couldn't eat any. however, he managed to dig up a polaroid camera from his room. thankfully, it still had a few films left in it.

he had also brought over blankets and pillows for them to lie on, making the stargazing experience a little more comfortable.

jisung gasps as he sees minho and the things he had set up, bringing a hand to cover his gaping mouth.

he couldn't help but smile as he sat down right next to minho, "what's all this?" he asks minho.

"just a little surprise for you. sorry it isn't much. i'm an 18 year old kid with no money" minho says embarrassingly as he rubs the back of his neck.

jisung smiles and shakes his head, looking around him once more. the dark garden was now lit up by the candles, making the atmosphere incredibly romantic.

"thank you, minho" he says as they both lie on the mat, looking up at the night sky.

he looks back up at minho, who was busy staring at the night sky.

"i can't seem to figure out which is more beautiful. the night sky or you" he whispers to himself.

jisung bites his lips as he shakes his head silently, looking down at his own hands, which were already so translucent.

the strange unfamiliar sensation in my stomach whenever i see him? the reason why i smile unconsciously whenever i see him laugh? the reason i don't want to leave anymore?

i've fallen in love with lee minho.