二十一

minho grabs the polaroid camera from beside him, trying to figure out how to take the picture.

"is that a polaroid camera?" jisung asks as he looks away from the night sky. minho nods his head as he figures out which button to press.

"alright, look at the camera" minho suddenly says as he turns to aim the camera at jisung, who poses as quickly as possible. minho clicks the button, the flash temporarily blinding jisung as he winces to cover his eyes.

the film comes out of the camera as minho takes it out and fans it, waiting for the picture to develop.

once the picture fully develops, minho takes a glance at it and starts laughing. although you could barely see jisung in the picture, he was still there. and he clearly wasn't ready for the picture.

"let me see!" jisung says as he snatches the polaroid out of minho's hands. he whines the moment he sees the picture. "i wasn't ready! i look so ugly in this" he says as he leans back onto the mat in defeat.

minho takes a marker out of his bag, "you still look cute to me though" he grabs the polaroid and scribbles something down on it before keeping it in his pocket.

"hey, why did you keep it? it's my picture" jisung says as he sticks his hand out. minho shakes his head, "so what? it's my camera"

jisung sighs as he retracts his hand in defeat, continuing to look up at the stars which lit up the night sky.

"it's so pretty. the stars somehow manage to comfort me. one day, when i go to the afterworld, i'll be the biggest and brightest star up there. just look up and you'll know its me" jisung says, with a hint of sadness in his voice.

minho looks at jisung silently, his eyes tracing over every inch of jisung's face. he wanted to remember what jisung looked like forever. he knew he couldn't rely on the photographs, knowing that he'll fade in them soon enough.

minho stretches his hand out to touch jisung's cheeks, knowing it'll just go straight through it. jisung looks back at minho, smiling as they both stared at each other silently.

no words were needed, they were able to express their emotions through their eyes.

suddenly, minho's eyes widened and he retracted his hand. "holy shit, what's happening?" minho says frantically as he moves away from jisung.

jisung frowns as he sits up immediately, "minho?" minho doesn't respond, only pointing to jisung's feet.

jisung looked down at his own body, which was disappearing slowly, starting from his feet. it wasn't even translucent anymore, his body was just disappearing into thin air.

"is this it? but we haven't fulfilled all your wishes yet" minho says in confusion, knowing that there were still a couple of dreams left on the bucket list.

jisung shakes his head sadly, feeling guilty for not telling minho anything. "the other day, i accidentally figured out that my real dream was to fall in love. im sorry i didnt tell you sooner"

minho's stares at jisung silently, not knowing what to say. he didn't have the time to get angry at jisung, he just wished that he would have told him sooner. minho wasn't prepared for jisung to leave at all.

"and i think i've fallen in love with you" jisung says, his voice barely above a whisper. minho moves closer to jisung, feeling his heart ache as he watched the bottom half of jisung disappear completely.

"no, please don't go. what would i do without you?" minho pleads jisung, his voice cracking. his eyes tear up and before he knew it, big fat drops of tears slid down his cheeks. he bit his lips tightly, not wanting to make any noise.

jisung watches minho cry, unable to do anything. helplessly, he reaches out to touch minho's hand comfortingly.

however, jisung's hand doesn't go through minho's hand. instead, he felt minho's skin against his fingertips as he gasped. minho feels jisung's fingers on his hand, instantly flinching away in shock.

the two boys stared at each other, not knowing what was going on. minho's heart was hammering heavily in his chest, his breath was now uneven and shaky.

he reaches out hesitantly to hold jisung's face, and for once, he feels jisung's skin against his own. he lets out a shaky breath as he smiles happily, tears still streaming down his cheeks.

"i-i can feel you" he says to jisung, his voice trembling. jisung nods his head slowly, feeling the warmth of minho's hand on his face. the warmth seemed to spread throughout the rest of his body.

minho looks down, jisung's upper body had almost completely disappeared. they had little to no time left.

without wasting any more time, minho leans in, so that his forehead rests against jisung's. both their breaths were shaking as they closed their eyes.

"thank you" jisung whispers to minho, feeling all sorts of emotions stirred up in him.

"for what?"

"for everything"

those were the only words they exchanged before jisung gently leans in, their lips brushing against each other. minho holds jisung's face gently in his hands, holding him as if he was extremely delicate.

their lips finally collide and it felt like it was only the two of them on earth. the kiss was soft and innocent, just two boys who shared so much emotion for each other.

unlike unrealistic books which seemed to always describe how sparks flew between the couple when they kissed, none of them felt those sparks.

instead, the kiss they had was filled with emotion. almost like a promise to each other. a promise to never forget. minho closed his eyes tightly, wanting to remember every moment of this.

after what felt like an eternity but was actually only a few seconds, jisung pulls away, instantly missing the feeling of minho's warmth.

minho looks at jisung, who had almost completely faded. his eyes were still teary and glazed, as he smiled weakly at jisung.

"i love you too" minho whispers, before jisung completely fades away into the still air.

the polaroid that minho had taken earlier on was now just a picture of the garden, you couldn't even see a trace of jisung in it.

the photo they had taken together in the photobooth now only seemed like minho took it by himself.

just like that, minho was alone in the garden. with no trace of jisung at all. as if it was all just a dream.

 as if it was all just a dream

^^ polaroid of jisung