Chapter 3-Devil's Castle

The next morning, I woke up to the blinding light of the sun. I felt like I had got no sleep at all even though it had been at least a few hours. I yawned and closed my eyes again, hoping I would be able to get a little more sleep before I actually had to wake up. Though, I was a little confused, I wasn't sleeping in my bed, I was sleeping on Satan's back. At first, it didn't make sense, why wouldn't I be sleeping in my own bed? Then, the events from the night before came back to me.

"Kamiki, you're awake." Satan stated.

"So it wasn't a dream..." I mumbled.

"No, unfortunately, the humans did force us into this unknown world. Me, nor Alciel have enough magic to open a gate back to Ente Isla." Satan said.

I looked around, analyzing the word around me. Being sure to take in the amazingly tall buildings and the smell of oil. "So when are you going to get your magic back so we can go home?"

"We can not regain our magic here." Alciel answered.

"Wh-What?!" I yelled, "Why not? I thought you had lots of magic."

"Even us demons have our limits, especially in this world." Alciel said.

"If my dad was here, he would find a way to get back his magic and get us home." I whined.

Satan and Alciel didn't say anything back. I wonder what they were thinking.

Soon, Satan set me down outside of a big building with a whole bunch of windows.

"Wait here, we'll be right back." Satan said.

"Ok." I replied, leaning up against the wall as Satan and Alciel walked into the building. I kind of wanted to go in there with them, but I was to tired to really care that much and I would just ask them what happened in there.

A few minutes later, they came out of the building, "Come on Kamiki."

"What did you do in there?" I asked.

"We got ourselves registered as citizens of this city." Satan answered.

I tilted my head, "Why do you need to do that?"

"So we can get money and a place to serve as a base of operations." Satan said.

A little later, we arrived at another building that looked very similar to the other one, but this one had a sign that said "bank".

"We'll be right back." Satan said, leaving me outside the building again as he and Alciel walked inside.

I found a place to sit next to the building, "Why can't I go inside with them?"

It took about the same time as it did when Satan and Alciel went into the last building for them to come out.

"What did you get from in there?" I asked.

"This," Satan said, showing me a card. I took it out of his hands and looked at it. "I can use it to buy things in this world."

"Really? This little card can buy things?" I asked, looking at the letters and numbers that were on the card, "Cool!"

"Next we need to go to a realtor." Satan stated as he turned around and lead the way to this "realtor" thing.

"What's a realtor?" I asked as we walked down the street.

"It's where we can get a base of operations." Satan answered.

"Do you use that card to get it?" I asked.

"Not exactly." Satan replied.

I tiled my head, "But all of our money is in that card, right?"

"It's more complicated than that. You don't need to worry about it." Satan said.

"But I want to know..." I muttered. I wanted him to tell me about it, but I felt as though if I asked, he would just tell me that I don't need to worry about knowing that kind of stuff again.

When we got to the realtor, I waited outside again while Satan and Alciel did whatever they were doing to get us a place to stay. Soon they came out again with a human and I followed them into another one of those carriage things. The human drove us to a two-story building and then we got out of the carriage.

"The landlady here is a very admirable person. If I may speak frankly, she says she wants to set an example by taking on people with unknown backgrounds, like you." The human lead us to a room and opened the door before continuing, "You'd be renting room 201 here."

"We get one room in this building?" Alciel asked.

"I think it's good." I said.

"Good afternoon." Someone said. I turned to see a purpled haired lady wearing a purple dress with, "You two are the new rental applicants?" The lady turned to me, "You're such a cute little girl, here, do you want some candy?" The lady held out a small, wrapped piece of chocolate.

"Thank you! Chocolate's my favorite" I said, somehow in successful Japanese, as I took the candy from her.

"This is the apartment owner. She lives next door." The other human stated.

"I am Miki Shiba. That's 'Miki' spelled with the kanji for 'beauty' and 'radiance'. Oh, but do feel free to call me 'Mikitty'." Miki looked at me, "If these boys are ever mean to you, you can come talk to me."

"Ok!" I replied just as I finished eating the piece of chocolate.

* * *

Soon, night fell. Satan, or Sadao Maou, the human name he decided to go with, filled me in about what we had to do now that we lived here. He also told me that Alciel was going by Shiro Ashiya. He also said that I was going to have to learn Japanese, the language the humans speak in. It shouldn't be too hard for me, but I'm not going to catch on as quickly as Satan and Alciel did. After he finished talking to me he turned to Alciel to tell him some stuff too.

While he was talking, Satan just passed out.

"King Satan! King Satan!" Alciel panicked.

I crawled over to where he was from the corner I was sitting in and looked at him, "I think he forgot that he needs food and water and the other stuff humans need."

Next thing I know, I'm at the room by myself while Alciel was going to the place Satan was being taken to heal. I sighed before getting myself in a comfortable position and falling asleep.