Chapter 10-Dad

"I ran into Miss Sasaki, and she said she'd like to see you..." Ashiya trailed off as he looked at the situation that was happing in front of him.

"Oh, I-I... You two really are... Y-You really are, a-aren't you?" Chi asked, tears forming in her eyes.

"Chiho! I-It's not what it looks like!" Emi said.

"What does it look like?" I asked.

"I-I'm sorry!" Chi said, before bowing and running off.

"Chi!" Maou tried to call after her.

"This is bad." Emi stated.

"Why was Chi so upset?" I questioned.

"She like Maou, and so since she saw me and him in the same room like we are, she thinks we're dating, or something like that." Emi answered.

I tilted my head. "What?"

"When girls like Chiho find out that a boy they like already has a girlfriend, they usually get upset like Chiho did." Emi replied.

"...I think I get it. But I'm not sure..." I said. "So Chi thinks your Maou's, 'girlfriend'?"

"Y-Yeah." Emi sighed, before raising her voice. "But I am not the Devil's girlfriend! Even the thought of me being in a relationship like that with him makes me want to puke!"

"Oh. Ok." I said.

"A lover's quarrel with his old girl over a cute new one. Then the new girl arrives on the scene and finds out he never broke things up with his ex." A lady's voice came from just outside of the apartment and I saw Miki, the landlady, walk into the doorway of our apartment. "This sort of romance drama is enough to cause heart disease."

"Really?!" Me and Ashiya asked at the same time.

"I am Miki Shiba, the landlady of this establishment." Miki introduced herself to Emi. "I take it you are Mr. Maou's girlfriend?"

I saw Emi get mad and she stood up, but I answered the question for her, "No, Emi walk never be Maou's girlfriend. At least, that's what she said."

"Yeah, me with this loser?" Emi added, pointing to Maou, "Never!"

"'Loser'?!" Maou yelled, before turning to Miki, "Um, Ms. Shi-"

He was cut off by Miki correcting him, "No! 'Mikitty', please."

"Oh, right..." Maou sighed.

"I'm having some repairs done to these apartments." Miki stated, pulling out a paper and giving it to Maou. "I'm informing the tenants now. There are so many disturbing going-on there days, cave-ins an such. I wonder if something will happen again today?"

"I hope nothing bad happens." I said.

"That reminds me, that adorable young lady who was just here ran off toward the train station in tears." Miki said. Then the ground started to shake, not very violently, but I probably would've fallen over if I was standing up. "Mr. Maou. If you've involved her, I hope you take full responsibility."

For what?" Maou asked. 

"Surely you've realized by now that it was no coincidence when that adorable girl took a direct sonar hit and received an idea link transmission?" Miki said. I looked at her in confusion, I didn't think anyone else besides us was supposed to know about that stuff. I don't get it myself, so why does she? Miki continued, "Don't you four know better than anyone else that thought and will have great power? I warn you, if you do not hurry, you may be too late."

And with that, she turned and left. Then the ground shook again. "We have to find Chi!" I exclaimed.

"She's right, come on." Emi stated, turning to me, "You stay here, we don't want you getting hurt."

"But-"

"Emi's right, it's not safe for you to come with us. We don't even know what we're up against." Maou added, cutting me off.

"But-"

"No buts, stay here, we'll be right back." Emi said before her, Maou, and Ashiya ran off, closing the apartment door behind them.

"That's not fair." I grumbled. "I want to help too..."

What if I followed them... I thought, considering the idea. After about a minute, I decided against the idea. If there really was something really bad happening and I followed them, I'd probably just get in the way. On top of that, the person could try to use me to get to the others, and I didn't want that to happen. So I moved over to the window to look outside to see if I could see anything going on. But soon, I completely lost interest in it. I'll just ask them what happened when they get back.

* * *

I'd been sitting around at home for about 30 minutes when I heard the door open. I looked up, hoping to see Maou, Ashiya, Chi, and Emi, since I was starting to get really worried about them, but instead, I saw Chi and Emi walk in, but there were two others that didn't look familiar to me.

"You guys are back, are you ok? What happened? Where's Maou and Ashiya?" I asked, standing up and walking in front of Emi before pointing to the two other people I didn't know. "Who are they?"

"We're fine. These are my friends, Emerada and Albert." Emi answered.

"So they're from Ente Isla?" I questioned.

"Yeah." Emi replied.

"Who are you?" The short girl, Emerada, asked.

"I'm Kamiki!" I answered with a smile.

"She's Lucifer's daughter." Emi stated.

"What?!" Both of them questioned with shocked looked.

"Wait, your Lucifer's daughter?!" Chi asked.

"Y-Yeah..." I replied.

"I didn't know Lucifer had a kid." The man, Albert, stated.

Then the door opened again and I saw Maou and Ashiya.

I walked up to them, "So, what happened?"

Maou and Ashiya looked at each other before looking behind them. Maou sighed, "Well, that's a long story, but I think there's someone you want to see."

I stepped back as Maou and Ashiya walked inside, I turned back to the doorway and saw someone that I've longed to see for so long.

"Dad!!"