Chapter 14-Sealed Classroom

"Maybe it's a security guard?" Ashiya suggested.

"No, the guards should've all left by now." Chi denied.

"Th-then, who is it?" I ask.

"It might be a demon who came through the Gate from another world. Knowing that ahead of time means there's nothing to be scared of. Bring it on!" Maou said.

"But do you have enough amount of magic left to fight, Sire?" Ashiya asked, then he pulled out a familiar envelope. "If not you could use this."

"Isn't that the picture that one lady sent us? The one that made you and dad super sick?" I asked, looking at the envelope and remembering the events from before. Ashiya had brought the picture he was now holding and showed it to my dad, once to have then both get sick. My dad didn't let me see the picture, so I could only imagine how bad it was.

"Yes,  it has proven effective against demons like us." Ashiya answered.

"I hear footsteps."Chi said nervously, moving closer to Maou. Maou and Ashiya stood in defensive positions and I moved to hide behind Ashiya.

The footsteps continued to get louder until we could see a figure. "What are you idiots thinking, bringing a teenager and a little girl here after dark?" Emi said.

"Emi!" Moau exclaimed.

"I'm not that little!" I countered, puffing out my cheeks.

Maou leads us all into another room before explaining to Emi that we were here to get to the sealed-off classroom.

"Oh, I see. Your goal is to find ways to get magic from the sealed-off classroom, is that it?" Emi said after Maou finished his short explanation.

"First, I don't have to answer that. And second, what are you doing here?" Maou asked. "The great hero, trespassing?"

"Um, sorry but, we're not allowed to wear shoes inside." Chi said, handing Emi a pair of slippers. "Would you mind changing into these?"

Emi took the slippers and answered Maou's question, "Look, I was following you guys around as usual and saw you sneaking into a school after it was closed, so I came in to find..." Emi was still talking when we walked out of the room.

Once we were a bit far away, I spoke up, "Did we really have to leave her behind?"

"Yeah, I feel kinda guilty. Is it really okay to just ditch her?" Chi added.

"You bet it is." Maou replied. "She's annoying and nothing but trouble. Keep on walking."

"Isn't she just gonna try to follow us now though?" I asked.

My suspicion was confirmed when we heard Emi yell, "Hold it right there, you jerks!"

"She's such a pain." Maou said before we all took off running. I heard Emi yell something else at us, but I wasn't really paying enough attention to what she was saying. We ran into a room and hid behind a counter. Sitting there I kept staring at the weird statue thing. It was kinda creepy.

After a few minutes, the door opened and Emi destroyed the statue thing.

"Nailed it!" Emi stated.

"No, you didn't, you psycho!" Maou exclaimed, standing up.

"Miss Yusa, that's called an 'anatomical model'. It's like a doll." Chi explained.

"What?" Emi questioned.

Emilia, the only hero in the history of the universe to ever slice up an anatomical model with a sacred sword." Ashiya said.

"Makes me question how well she'd do against a real opponent." Maou added.

"You need to do something about this mess." Ashya ordered.

"Man, these things have gotta be expensive. I ain't paying for it." Maou said.

"But if no one knew it was us, none of us would have to do anything about it." I suggested. Maou and Ashiya looked at me with a questioning look.

"That's probably out of the question." Chi said.

"Yeah, well, technically it's all your fault because you're the ones who left me behind and made me chase after you!" Emi exclaimed. 

"Learn how to take responsibility for your actions." Maou replied.

"Come on, use your magic to fix it." Emi said.

"Why should I use my magic to fix it when you're the one who broke it?" Maou asked.

Ashiya gasped, I turned my attention to him as he stared at the model, "This model only had one heart!"

"Mister Ashiya, I don't know how demons work, be humans only have one heart." Chi said.

* * *

We made it to the old part of the school. Walking around the halls of the old part of the building was kinda scary. But luckily, it didn't take us too long before we made it to the classroom.

"Yeah, I'm gonna say this is it." Emi said.

"I don't actually remember there being any actual boards, though." Chi pointed out.

Emi held her sword in front of her. "What did I say about waving that thing around?" Maou questioned.

"Look. Someone has clearly used this door recently." Ashiya pointed out.

Maou reached for the boards and tried to move them. But when he did, they slid up, "They're not even attached."

"So, the door isn't even really sealed?" Emi questioned.

After a few moments of hesitation, Maou slid the door open, "It looks like someone has been living here."

We all walked in and I looked around the room, searching for the game system my dad wanted me to get. I ignored what everyone else was saying and walked over to where I saw it. I picked up the game system and looked at it, a small smile on my face.

"Did you find something, Kamiki?" Ashiya asked.

I looked back over to them and stood up, facing them, but finding the game system behind my back, "No, I thought I saw something, but I didn't."

"Ok." Ashiya said before he turned back to his conversation with the others.

Once everyone's attention was off me and they were talking on the phone, probably with my dad, I turned around, sat down, and looked at the game. I needed to find a way to hide it from everyone else.

"Hey, Kamiki, your dad wants to talk to you." Maou said.

I quickly hid the game in under the desk I found it so no one would see it and walked over to Maou and took the phone from him. "Hi!"

"Hey, Kamiki. Did you find it?" Urushihara asked from the other side of the phone.

"Yup!" I chirped.

"Ok, good. When you get back, we can play it together, ok." Urushihara said.

"Ok!"