Chapter 13-Special Mission

A day had passed, and now I was walking through the halls of an old school building with Maou, Ashiya, and Chiho. It was the middle of the night and I was only with them because my dad gave me a mission.

* * *

After Maou and Ashiya left to go to look at the school that my dad said had magic, my dad told me I had a special assignment that only I could do, "There's something that I need you to do for me. A special mission just for you."

"A special missions!? What is it?" I asked eagerly.

"Can you get something from the school where I said the magic spot is at?" Urushihara asked.

I nodded. "What is it?"

"When I came threw the gate, I ended up in that classroom. I left something there. A silver game system. I want you to go to the school and get that for me. You think you can do that?" He said.

"That would be easy!" I exclaimed. "But, I want to play it when we get back a little bit."

"We'll play it together, ok?" Urushihara replied with a small smile. "Just make sure no one else sees it, or they might take it away, or yell at me. It's your special mission."

"Got it!"

* * *

"The old part of the building is this way." Chi explained.

"Why's the classroom even sealed off?" I asked, walking next to Chi, Maou, and Ashiya behind us.

"Well, it happened before I was even born. This is only a rumor, and might not be true, but apparently, a student disappeared from that room, almost like he was spirited away. So they closed the room off and never used it again." Chi answered, before turning around to face Maou and Ashiya. "So, how would you guys like to take a break here and have a little snack?"

"I want a snack!" I exclaimed.

"You do realize this is not a field trip." Ashiya answered.

"Seems like your having a good time with this." Maou stated.

"Well, yeah. Because no matter where we are, I'm always the one who ends up needing you to help me out. So it feels pretty good to be the one helping out for once!" Chi replied. 

'I guess we're not having snacks.' I thought with a small sigh.

"You're not scared?" Maou asked.

"No, I'm fine as long as I'm with you." Chi answered.

"Cool. So if there are seven wonders, what are the other six supposed to be?" Maou asked.

"Um. Lemme see." Chi started, "The north stairway with a different number of steps going up then coming down. The statue that walks around covered in blood. The sculpture in the art room that gets a fold in its eyelid at three in the morning. The dictionary in the library where the words for 'curse' are stained red. And, the piano in the music room where one of the notes won't play sometimes."

"With the sealed-off classroom, that only makes six wonders." Ashiya said.

"Then what's the last one?" I asked.

"No one knows that last one." Chi answered, moving her flashlight so it shinned on her face. "It's said that if someone learns all seven, they'll get a call on their cell phone from the netherworld, and their soul will be stolen!"

"That doesn't even make sense!" Maou replied, freaking out.

"But why would finding out get your soul stolen?" I questioned, "How would they even know? And why would anyone from 'the netherworld' even care?"

"Yeah, and what if it was a coincidence, and it wasn't even your fault that you found out?" Maou added.

"Sire, please calm down and think about this rationally. Why would the story about this room, which existed well before Miss Sasaki was born, have anything to do with a cellular telephone?" Ashiya reasoned.

"Good point." Maou replied just before getting a call on his phone, causing him to jump. He pulled out his phone, shaking slightly.

"Who is it?" I asked as Maou answered the phone.

"What the heck, Urushihara?" Maou shouted.

"It's dad? I want to talk to him." I said as Maou listened to what my dad was saying.

"No, not yet. So? What are you calling for" Maou replied to what my dad said on the other side of the phone. "The gate?" Maou listed to whatever else my dad said. "Then, that story about the student who was spirited away could actually be true?" My dad must've said a few more things before Maou replied, "Yeah," then Maou handed me the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Kamiki, about your mission." Urushihara started. "When you get to the room, the game system is going to be under a desk, make sure you get it without anyone seeing you get it, or Maou and Ashiya might try to take it away and we won't be able to play it."

"Ok. Got it!" I exclaimed.

"Alright, you got this, Kamiki!" Urushihara encouraged. "I'll see you when you get back."

"Bye!" I chirped.

"Bye." Urushihara replied before he hung up the phone.

"Urushihara and his inter-whatever." Ashiya complained as I handed the phone back to Maou. "I don't understand how he could find out so much so quickly."

"It's like a series of magic tubes." Maou said.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked. "It has nothing to do with magic. He told me all about it."

"Then how-" Maou started but was cut off when we all heard a door large door open.

"What was that?" I questioned, worry in my voice. 'I hope it's nothing bad.'

-Author Note-

So, I haven't updated this story in a while. I'm really sorry about that. I've been distracted with everything going on in life. I'm sorry about not posting for a while, but next week, there will be a chapter, I've already started it, and swimming is over because of the Coronavirus, so I should have time.

Anyways, I'm going to go back to playing Animal Crossing, have a good day!

-Starlight