Chapter 4-Home Alone

I woke up the next morning earlier than I would've liked. Satan and Alciel were talking about something. I yawned and crawled over to see what they were doing.

"What's that?" I asked, pointing to one of the papers Satan and Alciel had.

"This is a résumé. We need to fill one out in order to get a job so we can get money." Satan explained. "Oh, and we're going by human names now. I'm Sadou Maou and Alciel is Shiro Ashiya. Just so you know."

"Oh, ok." I replied, making sure to note their human names so I call that by those names instead of their demon names. I watched them write down some stuff that I couldn't read that well before I spoke up, "If you get jobs, am I just going to stay here?"

"I believe that will be the best idea." Alciel, or Ashiya, said. " Do you agree, Sire?"

"Yes, I think it'll be for the best you stay here while we're at work Kamiki," Satan, or Maou, answered.

"But I don't wanna stay home by myself." I whined, "Its boring."

"You stayed in your room by yourself for the last month, I don't see this as much of a difference," Maou said.

I stared at him. I didn't know what to say. He sounded like he didn't care at all. He knew I didn't want to come out of my room because I had just lost my father. The only person in my life who actually cared about me.

"Don't compare this to that," I said dryly, my voice sounding more emotionless than it ever had before.

Maou and Ashoya looked up from their papers and looked at me. My tone must've shocked them. Even when I'm upset, I never sound so dead.

Neither of them said anything, and after a minute, they silently went back to their papers.

I took in a sharp breath before going back to the corner I slept in before and closing my eyes to get some more sleep.

* * *

"They left me... Without even tell me they were leaving..." I felt hot tears prick my eyes as I looked around the empty room. They didn't even bother to leave a note.

I closed my eyes, the tears I was holding back fell down my cheeks. I sniffled and rubbed my eyes. Then crawled over to the table.

They'll be back soon. I told myself, laying my head on the table. They wouldn't just leave me here forever, so they have to come back... Right?

I closed my eyes and let my mind wander, thinking about some of the memories me and my father made before Satan started the war.

* * *

"Extend your wings and use the wind to help you fly. Don't freak out when you feel yourself start to fall." Lucifer instructed after my fifth attempt at trying to fly.

"But what if I fall again?" A slightly younger version of myself asked.

"Then I'll catch you." Lucifer answered, "You can do it, Kamiki. I know you can."

"Ok. I'll try again." I extended my wings and jumped off the side of the balcony me and my dad were standing on. He was right behind me as I flapped my wings to try to gain stability.

After a few minutes, I was holding myself in own place in the air with my wings when my dad flew a few feet away from me, "Try to fly over to me now."

I nodded and flapped my wings again to push myself toward him.

"I did it, Daddy!" I exclaimed when I reached my dad. Every other time I had tried to fly to him, I started falling and my wings wouldn't catch the wind, so I wasn't able to stabilize myself, but that time, it worked.

Lucifer smiled, "Good job! Now let's try to go a little farther. If you start getting tired or feel like you're going to fall, tell me."

"Ok!"

* * *

That was the first time I was able to fly over some of the villages the humans lived it. That happened to years ago. It took me about a month after that before I pretty much perfected my flying skills. Me and my dad were so close, he taught me everything I know. A little before he found out Satan was going to start a war with the humans, he said he'd teach me how to use my magic. But after it was announced, he told me I'd have to wait until after the war was over.

"If only he knew what would happen. Maybe he would've taught it to me sooner..." I mumbled, tears coming back to my eyes. "Maybe he wouldn't have even been a part of the war."

I rubbed my eyes and sighed. I need to stop thinking this way. I thought as I stared out of the window.

Not even 10 minutes later, the apartment door opened. I turned my head to see Maou and Ashiya, walking through the door.

"Oh, Kamiki you're-" Maou started before being interrupted.

"You left me!" I cried. "You didn't tell me you were leaving, but you still left me here alone! I-I thought you might never come back..." Tears were falling down my face as I yelled.

"K-Kamiki, c-calm down." Maou looked a little panicked, he didn't know how to deal with this kind of stuff. "We're back now, that's what matters right?"

I stared at him, tears still falling down my cheeks.

"We bought food." Ashiya said, setting down a small box in front of me.

I looked from Maou, to Ashiya, to the small box that was on the table. The front of the box read 'happyness meal'.

"It's from a fast food reasturant." Maou stated, "Were I'm going to be working as a part timer."

"Oh..." I was still mad at him for leaving me alone, but at the same time, I'm really glad he got a job.

I reached for the box and opened it. There was some food on the inside and another, smaller box. I took everything out and examined the food. I recognized the apple slices, but the other thing I was unfermillar with, as well as what was inside the other small box.

"It's a 'Happyness Meal'. It has apple slices, this salted fried potatoes, called french fries, and chicken nuggets. It even comes with a little toy." Maou said, sounding proud of himself for knowing everything.

I took one of the french fries and put it in my mouth. It was pretty good. I ate the rest of the fries before eating the apples and chicken nuggets.

"It's good, isn't it?" Maou asked.

"Yeah." I answered with a small smile as I reached in the box and pulled out a small, clear bag with toy inside. I ripped open the bag and pulled out the little toy. It was cute, teal dragon. My smile widened slightly as I set the toy on the window sill. "Now we have a little decoration in this boring room!"

-Author Note-

So, how do you think things are going? I'm sorry I didn't update last week. I didn't have a chapter written, and when I got home from school, I couldn't find the energy to start writing. I thought about writing and posting this chapter on Saturday, but I was at Cedar Point, so I just left it alone. I'm really sorry about that, and I'll try my best to make sure it doesn't happen again.

See you next week!

-Starlight