Free Candy-Halloween Special

*This chapter does not effect the main story. This is something i wrote for fun for Halloween and I hope you enjoy reading it!*

____________

"Maou!" I looked up at him with bright, sparkling eyes. Maou had just got home from work and Ashiya was finishing up cooking dinner. "Can I got trick or treating?"

"What?" Maou asked as he walked through the door.

"Kamiki somehow heard of this event happening on the 31st where kids dress up in costumes and go door to door to ask for candy. It's part of 'Halloween'." Ashiya answered.

"Can I do it? Can I do it?" I asked, clinging to Maou.

"Are you sure that people are going to be passing out candy in our neighborhood?" Maou was directing the question to Ashiya, but I answered it.

"I'm sure!" I exclaimed. "So can I do it?"

"I'm not sure it's a good idea." Maou said.

"Please?" I asked, giving a Maou puppy dog face.

He stared at me for a second, then sighed, "You know what, sure, why not."

"Yay!" I jumped up and down in place, excitement obvious on my face. "Thank you! Thank you!"

"So, Ashiya said you dress up in a costume, right?" Maou asked, I nodded, "What's your costume going to be. And how are you going to get to it."

"I wanted to got to the Halloween store and then look at the costumes there and pick one out." I answered.

"Oh, and now you're going to ask if we can go to this store?" Maou said.

"Yeah." I replied. "So can we go?"

"Sure, why not." Maou answered

"Yay!"

* * *

We arrived at the Halloween store and I lead the way inside. It wasn't a very big store, but it was fill with a ton of Halloween costumes and decorations. Throughout the store were a few animatronics on display so people could try them out and see if they wanted to buy them.

"Let's good find the costumes that'll fit you." Maou told me.

"Ok." I started walking to through the store in search of the younger girl costumes.

"These should fit you, Kamiki." Ashiya said, once we found some girl costumes.

"Pick out one that you want and we'll get it." Maou added.

My small smile grew and I looked at the rack of costumes in front of me. There was a pretty big variety of costumes, ranging from mummies and ghosts to fairys and mermaids. There were a few different costumes I liked, but I picked out a dark purple princess costume.

"This one!" I announced, holding up the costume.

"Ok, then let's pay for it and get home." Maou said.

"How much is it?" Ashiya asked, taking the costume from me and looking at the price tag. He sighed, "It's a little bit more than I would've liked to spend, but that's fine."

Ashiya made sure to get the right size before we walked over to were the cashier was. Maou paid for the costume and, I also asked him to get me a pumpkin shaped bucket so I could put my candy somewhere when I was trick or treating, so he paid for that, too. Then we walked out of the store and headed home.

* * *

A few days later, October 31st was finally here. That morning, I slept in and when I did wake up, I kept complaining about how much longer I was going to have to wait till I could go trick or treating. About an hour after dinner, I changed into my costume, grabbed my pumpkin bucket, and told Maou and Ashiya that it was time to go trick or treating.

"Let's go!" I exclaimed, opening the door.

"Alright, alright. We're going, slow down." Maou said. Him and Ashiya followed me out the door.

"We're going to a neighborhood a little ways away from here so you have a better chance of getting more candy." Ashiya stated.

"Ok." I let Ashiya take the lead and after 10 minutes of walking, we were in anther neighborhood with more houses. Some other kids dressed in costumes were already going up to doors and getting candy.

"I'm going to this house first." I said, pointing to a two story house with some kids at the door.

"Lead the way." Maou replied.

I smiled and walked up to the door of the house. The kids that were there before me were just leaving as I walked up so the house owner didn't close the door.

"Trick or Treat!" I said, holding out the small, pumpkin shaped bucket I got from the Halloween store.

"Here you go." The lady said, handing me a few pieces of candy.

"Thank you." I gave her a smile before walking back to Maou and Ashiya, who were waiting for me on the sidewalk in front of the house. "To the next one!"

I lead the way and went up to another house and knocked on the door. A man opened it and gave me a small hand full of candy. I thanked him and went to the next house, were something similar to the first one happened.

By the time my bucket was full of candy, about an hour and a half had passed. I was starting to get a little tired and the bucket I was carrying was heavy.

"Ready to head home?" Maou asked.

I took out a piece of candy from my bucket and unwrapped it before putting it in my mouth, "Can I go to one more house?"

Maou sighed, "One more, than we need to get home."

I smiled and nodded, then walked to the last house and got candy from there.

"Let's head home now." Maou said.

"Ok..." I replied, sounding a bit upset. "Um, but do we know the way back?"

"Yes, I do." Ashiya answered, then he lead us back to the apartment.

A few minutes later, I spoke up, "That was really fun."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." Maou said.

"Thanks for letting me do this." I said, then added in a softer tone, "I kind of thought you would say no..."

"Well, it's the least we can do for you to thank you for being so good while we've been here." Ashiya replied.

I smiled, and we walked the rest of the way home in a pleasant silence.

-Author's Note-

Happy Halloween! I know it's a day late, but that doesn't matter. I hope you liked this little special chapter. I really wanted a to write a Halloween chapter for one of my stories and I thought this was the best one.

So anyways, how was your Halloween? Did you go trick or treating, or were you the one passing out candy? I went trick or treating with my sister, but it was really cold, and it was raining. But I wasn't going to let some rain stop me from getting free candy!

I hope you had a great Halloween! See you next week!

-Starlight