Chapter 15-New Neighbor

The next morning, I sat patiently while I waited for my dad to get out of the bathroom. He said he was going to finally play that game with me, and I was pretty excited about that.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I turned to the door and then to Maou and Ashiya. After the doorbell rang a second time, I said, "Um, aren't you gonna get that?"

The doorbell rang a third time, "Salutations." the person on the other side said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it." Maou told me before saying to Ashiya, "Do you think it's that girl from yesterday?"

"Perhaps." Ashiya replied.

"The girl who fell down the stairs?" I questioned.

Yesterday, after me and Ashiya got back from the school, this girl fell down the stairs and fell on Maou, who was coming home from work. I was a bit worried about her when it happened, but she seemed fine. So I didn't let it bother me too much.

The doorbell rang again and the girl said 'salutations', before Maou got up from his seat and answered the door.

"Good morning. Please forgive the early hour. My name is Suzuno Kamazuki, and as of yesterday, I am your new neighbor." The girl, Suzuno, introduced. "I'm afraid I have already been rude and caused you trouble, so I must humbly apologize for my wretchedness."

"Um, thanks. That's very courteous." Maou said. "I'm pleased to formally meet you. I'm Sadao Maou."

I leaned over so I could see what was happening. Suzuno had this huge box in her hands. "This is a small gift of my thanks and good wishes as your new neighbor. I have been told that noodles are the best gift for someone to give to their neighbor."

"That's really nice of you." Maou replied as he grabbed the box from her, but immediately almost dropped the box because of its weight.

"Sire, do you need assistance?" Ashiya asked. "That looks heavy."

"That's because it is!" Maou exclaimed.

"Good morning, Miss. My name is Ashiya, I'm an old friend of Maou's. It's a pleasure to meet you." Ashiya said.

"Likewise. I actually know who you two are. I have never met the landlady of this fine establishment. But I received a letter from a person who I believe to be her, and she instructed me to come to you if I have any problems." Suzuno explained.

"Oh? It does?" Maou questioned.

The toilet flushed and I turned my attention to the bathroom as my dad walked out. He walked over to me and sat down next to me in front of the computer.

"Can we play now?" I asked, completely forgetting about the girl at the door.

"Sure." Urushihara answered, grabbing the game system from under the table, where I left it last night. He handed it to me, and when I looked up at him, he seemed to be listening to whatever Suzuno and Maou were talking about.

"I'm relieved to have such helpful new neighbors. I'm wondering if you would be kind enough to instruct me in the 'lower class living'?" She said.

Urushihara snickered. "The lower class living?"

"I don't get it." I said, confused by what he meant.

" Is there another person here?" Suzuno asked.

I looked over at the door and smiled at Suzuno, "Hi!"

"Actually, there's two. The little girl has been living with us for a while, but the other has recently joined us." Maou explained.

"I'm Urushihara. Nice to meet you." Urushihara said, completely uninterested.

"Oh, and I'm Kamiki." I added, waving to the girl before nudging my dad so he would help me with the game system. "How does this work?"

"Here. You press this to turn it on." He answered, pressing a button on the top of the system.

The screen lit up and a menu thing appeared on the screen. "Cool."

"These games might be a little too hard for you..." Urushihara muttered.

"What!?" I huffed. "I'll figure it out."

"Ok, if you say so."

* * *

A few hours passed, and Maou was at work while I was at home with Urushihara and Ashiya. Suzuno was there too since Ashiya had gotten sick. I figured out how the game worked and was playing that while Suzuno and my dad were doing chores.

After a few minutes, I heard a scream that pulled my attention away from the game. I followed my dad and Suzuno outside to see what happened to see Emi and Maou on the floor.

"I knew these stairs were dangerous! Everyone always falls down them!" I exclaimed.

Soon, Emi was in the room with us and Suzuno was back to cooking.

"I apologize. It is because I opened the door so suddenly." Suzuno said.

"No, it's not your fault." Emi replied.

"I blame the stairs." I muttered to myself. No one else heard me.

"I'm the one who's sorry. I should've been paying better attention to where I was going." Emi continued.

"Yep, totally. And she claims to be a hero." Maou added.

The door opened and my dad walked in with a bag full of Emi's stuff. "You're welcome, Emi. I picked up all the stuff you dropped outside."

"Oh, good. You can just put it over there." Emi replied.

Urushihara sat down and opened the bag, grabbing some weird bottle. "What's this? Never thought you were an energy drink fan."

"Don't touch it!" Emi snapped, grabbing the bottle from my dad.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing!" Emi yelled. I flinched at her tone, but Emi didn't really seem to notice.

"I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Suzuno Kamazuki. I moved in next door last week." Suzuno said before going on about Japanese culture, or something like that before Emi introduced herself to Suzuno. Then Emi and Maou went on and got into an argument. I ignored most of it, being used to this happening whenever Emi's over.

Soon, Emi left the apartment and I talked to my dad about the level in the game I beat. Not long after that, Suzuno finally left the apartment. It almost left as though she were moving in, with how she was cooking and doing chores. I'm fine with it, but the apartment keeps getting more and more crowded.

-Author Note-

I feel it took me way too long to write this chapter. I've been having a lot of trouble motivating myself to write either of my stories recently, but I'm gonna try my best to get this out there, you're just going to have to be a little more patient. Chapters are probably going to come out every other week until I get back into writing more.

Anyways, I'll see you again when I get another chapter finished.

-Starlight