Chapter 5-Chocolate Covered Strawberries

A few days later, Ashiya had kept losing jobs and ended up working on finding ways to restore his and Maou's magic. While Maou was getting raises from at his job, seemingly every other week. I was almost always left at home while they we're working. It was so boring. Sitting at home all day with almost nothing to do. I hated it. I had asked Ashiya to get me something to read or a game I could play, but he always said that they couldn't afford luxuries.

"Yeah, like having something to do is a luxury." I sighed, thing about it. I was home alone once again. Ashiya and Maou had only left about 20 minutes ago, but I was already so bored.

I sighed again and rested my head on the table. I tried to come up with something to do in order to pass the time, but I couldn't think of anything. When I failed to come up with something to do, I ended up just falling asleep.

* * *

I stared up at the dark, starry sky, the trace of recently dried up tears on my cheeks. I was sitting in a field of flowers, a small bouquet of them in my hands. Not that long ago, I had ran from the Devil's castle after getting into an argument with my dad about my secret trips to the lands outside the castle grounds. He got mad at me for going into 'enemy territory' by myself. Though, I do it all the time, and nothing ever happened. I didn't understand why my dad thought it was so dangerous to go to the human's lands.

"Kamiki..." I turned my head to see my dad standing beside me. He looked a bit upset. "I knew you'd be here."

I turned away from him, refusing to say anything.

He sat down beside me, "Look, I didn't mean to get into an argument with you, I just worry about what could happen to you if you're out her alone."

"Nothing ever happened before." I stated, still not looking at my dad.

"Listen, Kamiki, as your father, it's only natural that I'm going to worry about your safety. I don't want something bad to happen to you. Even if you think nothing's going to happen because nothing's happened before now, who knows. The humans could show up out of no where and hurt, or even kill you. And I don't want that to happen." Lucifer said.

I turned and looked at him, "I'm strong enough to handle myself!"

Lucifer laughed and patted my head, "You are very strong. No one can deny that."

"Yeah!" I exclaimed standing up. "I'm super strong! And once I learn how to use magic, I'll be even stronger!"

"You will be. But magic will have to wait." My dad's smile fultered, but I didn't notice it. "Now, why don't we head back to the castle so you can get some rest?"

"Aw, but I'm not tired." I complained as Lucifer stood up from his seat on the ground.

"You want to have energy for tomorrow, don't you? Maybe I could show you a new place outside the castle grounds tomorrow." My dad knew exactly what to say to get me motivated to do some things.

"Really!?" I asked, my bight purple eyes gleaming with excitement.

"Yeah." Lucifer answered.

"Then let's go home! I want to be able to go everywhere tomorrow!" I said, extending my wings.

"We can't go everywhere, but we can go to a few different places. Only if you have the energy." Lucifer flew into the air and I followed close behind him.

"I'm going to have plenty of energy!"

We flew through the sky and back to the Devil's castle.

* * *

I woke up about an hour later when Ashiya got home. The sound of the door opening and his long sigh signaled his arrival. I lifted my head off the table and watched as Ashiya set a bag down on the table in front of me.

"I saw this on my way home and thought you would like it." Ashiya said as I opened the bag and found a small box inside. I opened the box and saw at least a dozen small, red fruits, I'm pretty sure they were called strawberries, with about half of the fruit being covered in chocolate.

My eyes sparked and I looked up at Ashiya, "Thank you!"

I picked up one of the strawberries and took a bite out of it. It was delicious! I smiled at Ashiya and he let out a sigh of relief. He was probably worried I wouldn't like them.

"I'm glad you like them. I know you've always had a thing for sweets, and when I saw those, I thought that it would keep you from getting too hungry while I get lunch ready, as well as dinner when that time comes. So don't eat them all." Ashiya said.

"Ok." I replied, finishing my first strawberry and picking up another one.

Ashiya started to cook and I ate 2 more of the strawberries before he finished making lunch. It was the same thing we have been having for the past day or two, but I never figured out what it was. It wasn't one of my favorite things, but it was ok, and it was better than having nothing.

After we ate lunch, Ashiya cleaned the dishes. Then he turned to me, "I'm going to head out for a bit. I'll be back in about an hour."

"Aw, you're leaving again?" I complained.

"It'll only be for a little while. I'll be back soon." Ashiya said before he opened the door and left.

* * *

Ashiya had come back home over 4 hours ago. He had just finished dinner and Maou had just come home a few minutes ago. I sat down at the table and picked up the chop sticks and started eating as Maou and Ashiya started.

Just a few minutes later, the door bell rang.

"Dinner crasher guy?" Maou asked.

"I'm gonna say no." Ashiya answered.

"Salesperson?" Maou suggested.

"I doubt we live in the kind of neighborhood where people feel comfortable going door to door in an attempt to sell anything legal." Ashiya stated.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Nothing." Ashiya replied as he set his food down and got up from the table to answer the door. "Hello, to whom do we owe the pleasure?"

"That's an unexpectedly courteous greeting coming from a demon. Especially you, General Alciel. I assume you also remember me." The person on the other side said. The voice was familiar, but it took me a minute to figure out who it was. "Emilia the Hero!"