Chapter 7-Maou's Date

I was sitting next to Ashiya while we waited for Emi to come back after doing whatever Maou and Ashiya asked them to do. Ashiya and Maou were talking about something that I didn't really pay much attention to. Those, when they were talking about something having to do with someone's age, probably Emi's I heard a bang from the side of the wall that hid the stairs from view. I jumped at the noise and saw Emi standing their with an enraged expression on her face

"Who cares about that?! Why... Why do I..." Emi took a deep breath before yelling, "Why do I, a hero, have to be you demons' guarantor?!"

"Wh-What were we supposed to do? We couldn't think of anybody else." Maou deafened.

"It's not as though we wanted to ask for your help with a thing like this." Ashiya added

"What's a guarantor?" I asked.

"You don't need to worry about it." Maou answered.

Emi just kept on getting more angry by the second, "I never thought I'd have to us my ID for this!"

"I guess I could've asked my boss, but I didn't want to trouble her with it." Maou said.

"But you were fine with troubling me with it?!" Emi yelled.

"Well, yeah. Causing heroes trouble is the whole point of devils, right?" Maou stated.

"Even with this kind of stuff?" I asked.

"Kamiki, you don't even know what's going on." Ashiya pointed out.

"Well uh..." He wasn't wrong, but I didn't want to be left out of the conversation just because I was a kid. "Maybe you should tell me what's going on."

"Your to young to have to deal with this kind of stuff." Maou said.

"You should feel lucky you don't have to deal with it." Emi added. "Stay a kid for as long as you can, because dealing with stuff like this usually sucks."

"But..." I paused, not really sure what to say. 'I just don't want to be left out.' I thought.

Soon, we were walking out of the police station when Emi brought something else up." Listen up. I got a threatening call at work before I had to come here. And they're after you too, King Satan."

"What?" Maou asked.

"There, I warned you. But just know that I'll be the one to defeat you." Emi said, raising a finger at Maou. "And don't forget it!"

"Do you know who the person was?" I asked, completely ignoring the fact that Emi just threatened Maou.

"Not really, but it was definitely a demon." Emi answered.

"But why would another demon want to kill their own king?" I wondered out loud.

"There are some, not many, but there are some, demons that don't like me." Maou said. I tilted my head and Maou continued. "Not all demons agree with everything I do. Just like how not all humans agree with what their leaders do. It's never happened to me before, but sometimes, those people that don't agree with their leaders try to kill them."

I looked a little horrified, "But, that's not... why would anyone..."

"Anyways, Emi, don't forget we're in public. People will think you're some weirdo." Maou stated, pointing to the people that we're staring at Emi for what she said to Maou before he started talking to me.

"Y-You just be careful not to get killed by some nobody before I defeat you myself." Emi said before turning around and walking away.

"Are we gonna go home now?" I asked.