Chapter 12-Computer

A few days passed since my dad, who now went by Urushihara, had moved into the apartment with me, Ashiya, and Maou. He managed to convince Ashiya and Maou that getting him a thing called a computer and whatever else he needed for it so it could work. So now he was explaining to me how it worked since Maou and Ashiya were both out of the house right now, it was the best time to do that.

"So when you type in words and stuff in that thing," I pointed to the search bar thing at the top of the screen, "stuff about those words pops up?"

"Yeah, pretty much." Urushihara answered.

"That's cool!" I said, my face lighting up. "What stuff are you typing in?"

"I wanted to see if it could play online games." He replied with a sigh. "But it can't handle that stuff."

"Aw, I wanted to play some games." I pouted.

Urushihara smiled, "I did too."

"It gets so boring around here. There's never anything to do. And Maou and Ashiya are always out doing something." I complained.

"I don't know how you managed to live here with them for as long as you did. I'm almost dying with how bored I am and I've only been here for a few days." Urushihara said.

I giggled. "You learn to live with it. But now that you're back, I don't think I'm going to ever be as bored as I was before!"

"It shouldn't be boring anymore for you. We're gonna find things to do when it would normally be boring." Urushihara said with a small smile.

"So... when do you think Maou and Ashiya will get home?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I don't know, or care." Urushihara answered, rolling his eyes, earning a giggle from me.

"But I think you do care, 'cause they are bringing home food." I stated.

"It's not like I'm hungry anyways." He replied.

"Well, I am!" I exclaimed with a huff. My dad laughed before more silence fell between us. Then I finally spoke up. "You know, you're a lot different from when we were in Ente Isla."

"What do you mean?" Urushihara asked.

"Before, you were nowhere near this relaxed, and you rarely got to spend time with me." I answered.

"Your right..." He mumbled, looking down from the computer screen. Then he looked at me with a small smile. "I guess I have to make up for not spending enough time with you and... and scaring you."

"Yeah! You do!" I exclaimed. "From now on, you can't go anywhere without me, or without telling me where you're going."

"You're not the one in charge, I am." He replied.

"Actually, Maou is in charge. He's the leader! Cause, you know, he's the king of demons and stuff and we're all demons." I pointed out.

"Well, I'm in charge of you. You know why? Cause I'm your dad." He said.

"Whatever." I grumbled.

A few minutes later, the door opened. "We're home." Maou announced, coming through the door with Ashiya just behind him.

"Yay!" I got up from my seat next to my dad and stood in front of Maou. "You brought food, right?"

"Yeah." Maou stated simply, handing me a bag with food from the restaurant they went to.

"What did you get me?" Urushihara asked, turning away from his computer.

"This." Maou held up a bag.

"You guys get to eat out, and bring Kamiki food from there, but all I get is some pork bowl?!" He exclaimed.

"We bought that device and internet for you. That was not cheap. So you have no right to complain." Ashiya said.

I sat down at the table and opened the styrofoam container that had my food in it while my dad was arguing with Maou and Ashiya about what he got to eat. Inside, there was mac and cheese and grapes, and a fork.

"They get you something so great, but don't bother to get me anything good." Urushihara grumbled as he sat next to me and went to eat his own food. I looked at him and smiled, earning a huff from him. Looking at him now, I realized that he looked really young, like some of those teenagers I saw the few times I've gone out with Maou and Ashiya. Actually, he didn't look much older than me, which was kinda weird. I didn't think that, in this world, he would look so much younger than he did in Ente Isla.

Me and my dad quickly finished eating before he turned his attention back to his computer. I moved so I was sitting next to him as Maou came over and crouched on the other side of him.

"So, about this computer stuff, are you really that good at it, because I don't get it at all." Maou stated.

"Well, let me show you something I can do." Urushihara did some things on the screen before he pulled out this earpiece thing and held it up a bit so we could all hear whatever sound was going to come from it.

"Thank you for calling the Docodemo Customer Service Center. My name is Emi Yusa, how may I help you?" A familiar voice was heard through the earpiece.

"Is that Emi?" I asked.

Maou nodded before he spoke to my dad. "You actually got through. Nice dude! You're good!"

"What?" Emi questioned from the other side of the earpiece.

"Hey Emi, can you hear us?" Maou asked.

"Maou?" Emi replied. "I'm working right now, and you know it! What are you doing?"

"Don't' be mad. This is just a hacking experiment." Maou stated.

"What's hacking?" I asked.

"Nothing you need to worry about." Maou answered, before talking to Emi again. "Urushihara said he could do all kinds of stuff if he had a computer, so I got him one."

"I have multiple questions, but first, who is Urushihara?" Emi asked, sounding a bit angry, which she probably was.

"My dad." I chirped.

"Lucifer." Maou added.

"What do you mean, Lucifer?!" Emi asked, sounding pretty angry.

"Bye! Sorry for interrupting you." Maou said before hanging up.

"She's gonna be mad at you now." I stated.

"Whatever." Maou said, before sitting at the table and talking to Ashiya about something.

I sighed and watched my dad do whatever he was doing on his computer.

-Author Note-

So, I want to start off by apologizing for not posting a chapter of this story in three weeks. I've really been beating myself up about that every time I thought about it. So here it is. I finally sat down and wrote this chapter.

Anyway, next week, I may not post because I'm probably not going to have the next chapter ready yet. But it won't take as long it did for this chapter to come out.

So again, I'm very sorry for not posting in so long and the next chapter should come put in the next week or two.

-Starlight