Ochako the Fox Sin

Next few chapters may be shorter just mainly because their revolving around backstories for the Sin's. I may do a little of what's happening in Japan at the moment in some to add some length, but I'm not sure on that yet. Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Ochako POV:

As I walked into the pitch black training area, I found myself separated from the others. I looked around and found myself by my lonesome with no indication where I was. "Great, now I'm in the dark and alone. At least it's one straight path." I continued walking for what felt like hours until I saw some light. "Finally, something other than crappy darkness and the sound of my own footsteps." I head to the light to see a marking carved on the wall. "A fox. So I'm guessing I'm in the right place." I turned around to see the path I walked was now a bright forest. I look around and see no sign of where I was before. "Ok, I know I would've noticed a forest coming in." "It's meant to tell you what's inside your head girl."

I look over and see a guy with silver hair and a scar on his neck that looked similar to Ban the fox sin. "Guess your the new Fox sin huh?" I stare at him emotionless and nod. "Seems you and me need to talk. But I'd rather do it with a drink." He pulls out a barrel and puts some beer into a cup he had. "Mind pouring me one?" He looks over at me a bit surprised. "Aren't you a little young to be drinking this stuff?" "Aren't you in a little bit of a hypocritical standpoint to be saying that?" "...Point taken." He hands me the drink as we both chug it and give a satisfying smile after. "That hits a spot." "I know right? Names Ban by the way." "Ochako." We sit on a log for a while until I question about the trial thing. "So what is this test supposed to be?" "You and me are gonna see what your purpose for having the Fox sin was." He pours us another drink and starts to talk about what he meant.

"People sin in the world all the time. Whether it's out of simplicity or something sophisticated, people naturally sin. But a real sin, a genuine one is something hard to have. It has to be something that eats you from the inside out and leaves you hollow inside. One that no amount of repenting can fill the hole it leaves. That is what we're trying to find out with you." 'A genuine sin that makes me hollow.' I think about it until the area turns white and flashes into a small house. "What's going on?" "We're reliving your past to see where your sin started." I look around and stand up when I realize where I am. "This is my old home with my parents."

"Mommy! Daddy! Welcome home!" I look over and see a 4 year old me run up and go through me. "Wait, what just-" "Relax, were only seeing your past. What we do or get in front of here will have zero effect of what happened in the past. Think of us like ghosts that they can't see or hear." I take a seat and look at the image of my parents hugging me and smiling. "How was your day sweetie?" "It was great. I got to learn a lot in school and made another new friend." "You did. Well good for you Ochako." I see them smile at me and start to feel a tear down my eye.

"What's wrong?" "Nothing, just a nice memory." I wipe the tear and look at the scene play out. "They look pretty tired." "My parents struggled with our construction company. They worked a lot and tried to hide their tiredness the best they could around me. But I could tell they were exhausted. Because of that, I kept myself as clean and tried to make as little messes or cause as little trouble as I could. I even made a stupid promise to them that I would take them on a nice vacation when I was a pro hero." I started to laugh at my stupid younger self but secretly long for those days.

"So you want to be a hero to help your parents?" I shake my head no and corrected Ban. "I 'wanted' to be a hero." "What changed it?" The room changed to a day I hated with all my heart. "Do you really have to go? You promised that you were able to be at parents day today." My younger self started stomping on the ground in frustration at them breaking their promise not to work today. "It's ok sweetie. It's only for a little bit we have to go to work." Dad knelled down and patted my head. "Well be there. I promise you that." He holds out his pinky to make a pinky promise with me. "That was the last time I ever saw my parents alive again."