Kyoka the Serpent Sin

Kyoka POV:

Once I entered the training hall in the druids realm, I was separated from everyone and in a dark tunnel. I started to travel it to find a light shining in the distance. Once I got to it, I found the tattoo marking on my thigh on a rock. "So what's going on?" I turn around and see the tunnel turned into a dance floor. "Ok, that was weird." "It's gonna get weirder." I look around and before seeing a girl with pigtails that was at least 40ft tall. "Hello."

"AHHH!" I jump back a bit before she calmly laughs. "I expected that to happen. I'm Diane the former Serpent Sin." I get up and see her holding her finger out. I shake it and introduce myself. "Kyoka Jiro." We look around a bit and see a DJ setup. We go over to it and see what they have as Diane talks about what's gonna happen. "The trial that were going to do will help you understand your sin better. We'll be going into your past to find out why you hold the Serpent Sin of Envy for you to better understand yourself." "So all I gotta do is look at my past?" She nods before she points to a record.

"Try that one." I take it and put it on the DJ set. Once it plays, I see the room go to my old home. "Mom, dad, do you really have to go?" I look over to see a younger 4 year old me looking up at my parents. My dad puts his hand on my head and smiles. "Sorry Kyoka, But your mother and I have to do this for work. But don't cry, cause your aunt is gonna keep you company." I held a pouting face, but nodded. "Did your parents normally leave for work reasons?" "Yeah. They were musicians that played worldwide. I only got to see them a few times a year. The rest of the time, I was raised by her."

We watch as a woman with dark hair and a larger frame that my aunt comes in and starts shouting for me. "Kyoka, get in here now!" I walk in scared to see her angry. "What is this?" She points at a picture of my parents I drew at school. "A picture of mom and dad." "Why did you not draw me?" "Well, our teacher told us to draw our parents and-" "How dare you think those fools your parents instead of me! I'm the one raising you, not them!" She struck me across the face and made me fall to the ground. "No matter what you think, you and your parents life should've been mine.

"She's quite the bitter woman, isn't she?" "Her and my parents did a trio band group when they were younger. She liked my dad, but my mom moved first. After that, my parents were picked up by a record company and left her. She was jealous of them and became even more when they had me. She had an accident happen that made her unable to have kids herself, so she blames all her faults on my parents and proclaims me as hers." "Ouch." 'You don't know the half of it.'

Days went by with no word from my parents. Eventually weeks came, then a few months. The days became more painful until the phone rang. I ran to it to pick it up. "Mom! Dad!" "Hello, is this the Jiro residence?" I listen and freeze not knowing the voice of the person. "Kyoka, who is it?" "I don't know. Some man asking about if this is my parents house." "Give me the phone." She asks this in an annoyed tone as I hand it to her. She talks to the man and makes a few faces. She gets off and looks at me. "There was a plane crash. My sister and her husband didn't make it, so your under my care now sweetie." It took me a moment until reality hit me with what she said.

"She answered you kinda blunt, didn't she?" "She never knew how to treat kids." We watch as it turns to my parents funeral with me crying and the kids in my class annoyed that they had to come to this. "Mom. can we go now. I'm bored." "Behave. Were here for your classmate." "But I don't like Jiro. She's weird." "We'll discuss this at home. Now behave." "Why do I have to stay here? It's just Jiro." "If you don't behave, no dessert for you." "That's so unfair though!" I heard as my classmates whined as they were mad they had to be at my parents funeral.

'Why are you complaining? You have your parents still.' I think this while hearing their complaints and parents trying to shush them and just cry. "I was 4 dammit. I was 4 and lost my world! I wished I was them bickering over the dumbest shit with my dead parents!" I shout this and lose control of my emotions a bit. "I'm sorry you had to go through that." I wipe my eyes before the scene goes to where my parents were buried.