Itsuka the Lion Sin

Itsuka POV:

"It seems I'm alone." I start walking down a dark tunnel with nobody around when I entered the tree. Out of nowhere, I see a small light to follow. Once I get to it, the light shines to a giant marking of my tattoo. "Quite the image it is." "It is good to find someone that agrees with me haha!" I look over to see a giant muscle head looking down at me. "My name is Escanor young one. Lion Sin of Pride." "Itsuka Kendo, the new Lion Sin of Pride." He smiles at me and starts to laugh a bit.

"Why don't we sit down in the stands. The trial is about to begin." 'Stands?' I look over and see a dojo where the tunnel was. "How?" "This is all an illusion. What we will see next is your past to see why you are my successor. What we will see has already happened, so nothing we try to do will change what has already been done." We sit in the front and wait for the scene to change to my old karate dojo. I looked over to see me in my training uniform following the motions but being mindful to not have my uniform rise up.

"Kendo, your very stiff today. Is everything alright?" "Y-yes sir, just not feeling to well today." My teacher knells down and notices bandages on my arms. "Are you ok sweetie?" "I said I'm fine!" I walked out and walked into the changing room. The scene went to me sitting outside in a hoodie and pants holding my arms. "What happened to you?" "You know how some families function in different ways?" He nods at me in understanding. "Well, my family had a sick way of functioning."

The scene had gone to my house with me making sure my room was clean, I had nothing out, and no dirty dishes were done by me. "ITSUKA!" I panicked after hearing my father call for me. "Y-yes dad?" "WHAT IS THIS!?" I come downstairs to see my father pointing at some crumbs left on the counter from my sandwich earlier. 'Oh no.' "Get over here." I hesitantly walk over for him to only punch my stomach and make me throw up. "Now look what you've done!" He started beating on me violently and kicking me. For the next few minutes, it felt as if I was nothing more than a punching bag than a person.

"All this over a little bit of crumbs on the counter? It seems a little overboard." "Not to my father." Once my father was done, he walked away and threw a mop at me. "Clean it up." I slowly got up and agreed to his demands. "Such a disgusting man." "I was an accident. My father didn't want anything to do with me, so he left my mom before I was even born. At 3, mom died and he had to take me in. He didn't like the fact he couldn't do what he wanted to do anymore and took it out on me over little things." "Sounds painful." I look at my younger self sobbing from the pain. 'You don't know the half of it.'

The scene went to the next day of school with me being brought into the main office to talk to some people. "Ms. Kendo, we have some concerns revolving around your personal life." "W-what about?" "Well, you seem to regularly have bandages on you and some bruising on your face sometimes. We just want to make sure your ok." I was ashamed to tell them where their from, so I lied. "I fall a lot." They didn't believe me, but they just let it go since they had no actual proof of who it was from. "Ok, just know that you can come to us if anything is wrong." "Yes sir." I had gotten up and walked out of the office.

"Why had you not told them?" "Because I felt weak if I did." I watched as the scene went to a karate tournament I was in.I was faced off against a person who was bigger and stronger than me. Once the match began, he came at me with me feeling a lot pain from him grabbing my injured arm. At that point, something snapped in me. I grabbed him and threw him to the ground in anger. I felt a rush of happiness and pride knowing I could do this and smiled as they said I won.

"Not bad." "Thank you, but that wasn't anything special." I walked off and went to the restroom to see my arm opened up. "Dang it." I used paper towels to stop the bleeding until it finally stopped. The rush I felt though had not left me. I never felt more alive than I did at that point in a while. 'Today I might be able to stop it.' I said this with pride to myself as today would end my beatings from my father. That was a mistake though.