4 : Broken Marriage

Around half past 9 at night Khushi reached to her house. She opened the back door and peered out to see if anyone was around. When she was sure there was no one there, she sneaked inside house. She moved towards courtyard where the wedding was held. She saw everyone standing in pin drop silence with their horrified gaze locked on the scene happening in the centre of the courtyard. Khushi silently slid between the guests only to see her sobbing mother, her trembling sister, his father pleading with joint hands in front of her jiji's in-laws and their aunt with her gaze to the heavens continuously chanting on her tulsi beads.

Sashi " Sharma saab, give me one week, I'll give you the money "

Sharma " I'm sorry to say this but for the marriage to be conducted, you need to give the amount now otherwise let's think about the wedding once you get the money, we don't mind waiting, our son wishes to marry your daughter and we have no qualms with it "

Sashi " Please, please think of my daughter. Hum Barbaad ho jaayenge. We'll be ruined " choked on tears " Abhishek beta, at least you "

Abhishek " Uncle, it's better if such matters are dealt between elders. It wouldn't look good if I interfere in it. I like Payal and I want to marry her there is no denying it. I will wait for her to my enterire  life , you don't worry " with smile

Sharma " Enough, Shahi Gupta. Enough of your nonsense " roared " Pay me 25 lakhs now, or we'll leave with barrat "

Sashi " Nahi  " sobbing loudly " Please don'd ruin us like this "

Payal " Bas Babuji. Enough " standing beside Sashi " I do not want this marriage " straight looking into Abhishek's eyes " Babuji, I'm better off without someone like Abhishekji in my life "

There were gasps, murmurs, whispers all around.

Garima " Payalia, let your father handle this " tried to hold back Payal

Payal " Amma? Are you asking me to be calm? Seeing how they are insulting Babuji, still you are asking me to be silent? "

Abhishek " Shut your mouth, Payal. Women of our house do not speak before men " glaring at Payal " I like you doesn't mean I will let you speak against my family "

Payal with calm voice " You and your family don't belong to me unless I buy you all with 25 lakhs " making all eyes widen in horror

Abhishek " Payal you are crossing your limits. Keep in mind that no one ever will marry you once they know of your broken marriage "

Payal " It's better if I am alone all my life then to be with someone dowry monger like you " yelling " Abishek Sharma... I am calling off this marriage "

Abhishek " Before calling off this marriage just think we've been engaged for more than one year " smile slyly

Payal " Do not worry about me " hissed in anger " Just get out with your family before I lose my cool and do something which you will regret your whole life " yelling " OUT NOW "

Sharma " Abhi let's go, we shouldn't stay here anymore "

Khushi " One moment, when you are not interested anymore in the alliance I think it would be best if you return the jewellery and the money given by Babuji till now. It wouldn't look good if very respectful people like you run away with them like thief. Isn't it? " smiled slyly

                                                                  *******************

Meanwhile in Seesh Mahal Arnav kept drinking in his personal bar. The buying of Sheesh Mahal had been an impulsive decision. The decision to organize the annual bridal AR fashion show at Sheesh Mahal had caused him more harm than good. Some random woman had walked the ramp wearing a green bridal outfit when the theme was clearly red and it had given his rivals a point of talking.

The girl, who was responsible for ruining the fashion show had identified herself as Khushi Kumari Gupta. She claimed she was there to talk to her sister's fiancé regarding their sudden demand for dowry but had been unable to locate him as the volunteers pushed her down the aisle. She said nothing more except she wanted to go home. Arnav didn't believe her story. He never believed anyone. And that is why precisely Arnav Singh Raizada was running his own multibillion-dollar empire at the young age of 32. And he even doesn't care if she is true. He determined to take revenge on her as for the first time after years Arnav Singh Raizada had to face loss because of her childish action.

He took out his mobile from trouser and called up Aman, his right hand man.

Arnav " Aman! "

Aman " Yes ASR "

Arnav " I want you to find everything you can about that girl in the green and pink lehenga "

Aman " What ? "

Arnav " The one that ruined my show dammit! "

Aman " I'll get on it ASR "

Arnav " Good. As soon as you find something tell me. Otherwise you're fired "

Aman " If you fired me the amount of times you said you would, I'd be jobless by now ASR " mumbled

Arnav " What? "

Aman " Nothing. I said I'll work all night and see if I can find anything "