7 : Kid From Streets

Next morning Khushi woke up with a plan to save her Babuji's business. First she would go to talk with the land owner with their shop and then she would get a job to help out with the house. That would solve some problems.

As for the photos... Maybe she could sneak into Sheesh Mahal and burn all those prints. Then what would that Rakshas give to the media? But Sheesh Mahal was so large. Where would find those photos? What if he kept them behind lock-and-key? What if he would found her sneaking Sheesh Mahal to burn all those prints? Khushi bit her lip nervously. She would work on this part of the problem later.

Khushi got out of her bed and went to bathroom ready for the day. She took a quick shower and quickly got ready. She hurriedly ate her breakfast and packed two four rotis with jiggery along some chana and kept it her jhola along with her educational certificate. She with her jhola and phone rushed out of the house, not even stopping to answer Payal.

She first stopped at Ram Singh's house, the land owner of their shop. She knocked on the door. His wife Laxmi opened the door.

Khushi " Chachaji ghar pe hai, Chachiji  "

Laxmi " Ha " smiled brightly " Come Khushi Bitiya "

Laxmi took her to the living room. Khushi saw Ram Singh there having his tea.

Ram " Khushi Bitiya " smiling brightly

Khushi " Chachaji, why are you demanding more money from Babuji? "

Ram " That shop is on prime property! And for the last 5 years, I haven't increased his lease. He has paid me nothing but a bare minimum. All of a sudden, when I increase it, I'm the bad guy " with twisted face

Khushi " Chachaji. you're not the bad guy. You have a right to ask for more money. It's your land. But all of a sudden you make it thrice of current rent? ChachaJi, you know about jiji's wedding breaking. We just can't afford that right now "

Ram sneered "Shashiji what thought before sending you? When he couldn't convince me, he sent his daughter to plead for him. Well tell your father that either he pays me 15000 from this month or he takes his little shop somewhere else "

Khushi felt tears stinging in eyes "Chachaji, please try and understand. Please hold this lease increase, at least for a few months. Just until Babuji can get back on his feet "