Chapter forty-School

"Addison are you okay," Mum asked as I pushed around my cereal making it go all sloppy in the milk.

"Yeah I'm just not hungry," I whispered.

"Is this about you and your stupid girlfriend thing," dad huffed.

"She's not stupid and is not my girlfriend," I mumbled my voice breaking on the last word.

He snickered at my response obviously happy that I'm no longer seeing her.

"Well that's good at least now you can find a the perfect man...or any man," he retorted looking back down at his paper and taking a slip of his coffee.

"Jack we talked about this," my mum hissed to dad.

"Sorry I know try and ignore how you let them indulge in homosexuality while you do nothing to help them get over it," dad remarked.

"Dad shut up about your stupid narrow-minded views and let us eat our breakfast in peace," Marcus retorted coming over to the table with his food.

I looked at Marcus trying to muster up a small smile as a thanks for him sticking up for us. He smiled in return.

The rest of the breakfast went by in peace except the snarky looks my dad kept giving Marcus and I.

***

Walking to school is weird without Blair, today April and I decided to walk together. There isn't much conversation as we both look like a mess after having our hearts broken. I need to forget that Blair even exists. Every time I say her name in my head it's like another part of me has broken. I've realised I feel lost without her.

Trying to ignore that thought I headed to first lesson.

Going into history I sit down in my seat which is annoyingly next to Gareth.

"Hey Addison I just wanted to tell you that what happened between Blair and I was because we were drunk and our friends were pressuring us. I love April and want to make it right between us but I also feel a need to explain and help you and Blair."

As soon as her name left his lips I feel as if my heart has been cut in two.

"Don't talk to me," I said sternly focusing on the lesson that has just begun.

Luckily he listened although it was hard to focus from people giving me pitying looks.

***

I came out of history feeling anxious for my next lesson. Of course I had to have chemistry today. Going into class I went straight to the teacher asking if I could be moved to the front. She gave me a sad smile like she knew what had happened and sat me next to someone at the front.

All lesson I try not to turn around and steal one glance a Blair. I really miss her. But I can't. I can't forgiving what's she's done.

***

At lunch Blair is back sitting with her 'friends' now that she is 'straight' again according to school gossip.

Blair kept on looking over to me and it's hard trying to avoid making eye contact and looking at her. I need to get over her.

"Hey Addison everything will get better," Tess said reassuringly and placed her hand on mine. The contact was surprisingly comforting and I realised how much I need my friends right now.

"April how are you?" Tess asked April who is gazing off looking in a corner. April drew her attention back to us and gave a little shrug.

"Maybe you should both have a rebound relationship, not with each other. Unless you want to?" Tess suggested wiggling her eyebrows playfully at the last part.

I looked over at April thinking that it's a stupid idea.

"No that's crazy I just need to get over Blair not go around kissing someone else," I stated then stormed off to my next lesson.

***

I got back home and slumped myself on the sofa and turned on the TV not really playing any attention to the blurring colours on the screen.

The front door opened but I think nothing of it. It's probably my parents or Marcus.

As I'd expected Marcus came into the room with a smile on his face.

"Hey," he said as he walked in the room giving me a small smile.

"Hi," I replied taking barley any notice.

I don't know how I should act or feel right now. I just feel numb.

***

It had been around two weeks since Blair cheated and I'm no longer sad. I'm angry. What Tess had suggested has been swimming around my mind from the past few weeks and I don't care if it's reckless and stupid. I'm already half way to April's house.

Knocking on the door it opens after a few seconds. But the seconds felt like hours. Is this a good idea? No. But I'm doing it anyway.

April is stood at the now open door.

"Hi April I know it's fast but I've keep on thinking about it, thinking about you. Maybe we- well what I'm trying to say is would you like to go on a date with me?" I rambled timidly.

——-

Hi, thx if you have read this chapter I'm going to try and update soon. Thank you so much if you have read this far and if you have voted and commented.

<3