Epilogue

I haven't put the locket Kaito got me away since I dug it out. It's been lying on my dresser, the light always slivering across it in an eerily manner. Ever since Yato told me his theory, I've felt like my body is not my own. I don't know how to explain it, but I just feel like everything is so screwed up. My thoughts have literally flung themselves everywhere, making such a mess in my head.

A demigod...ridiculous. I chuckle to myself. That's ludicrous. Who would believe that? I pull my blanket tighter around myself, my eyes lingering on the locket in my clutch. It shimmers in the faint light, making my throat go dry. I know I wouldn't.

I bring the locket closer to my face, taking in the simplistic details of it. The tiny lock beckons for me to open it. When was the last time I did that? A little under three years ago, maybe. That feels right. But even with all that time, I can still remember exactly what photos are in there. Even if I wanted to, I could never forget.

Still, it's been so long since I last saw what hides within here, so I pop it open. On the right side is a picture of Kaito and me when we were in high school. I was about fifteen and he was about sixteen, the two of us are smiling happily in it. The joy and contentment float at the surface of our gazes, making my heart flutter.

We were so happy back then. There was so much we wanted to do and so much we had planned. We wanted to build a life together...but things happened. Circumstances arose that sabotaged all that. Things and people got in the way of.

Hesitantly, my eyes drift to the picture on the left. It's one that I haven't looked at since the day I placed it there...the final day I opened this locket. Seeing this makes my heart feel a number of different ways. Saddened...angry...hurt...heartbroken...devastated...but I also still remember all the emotions I felt at that time. Scared...confused...surprised...happy. I felt so many different ways, but then I was forced to give everything away. Just like that, I had no say and it was all torn away from me. I never had my own say.

I was never given the opportunity to tell Kaito. He never found out. My parents and his father intervened before I could tell him anything. He never got to learn a single thing. Only I was left to harbor the secret. That was my fate...it still is.

My thumb gingerly strokes the picture as I whisper, "If we are demigods...would you have been one as well? Would you be like me?"

The picture can't answer. There's no one to reply. All that remains from this part of my life is the single image hidden in my locket. The single ultrasound of mine and Kaito's child.

**Ello lovelies! Wow. That ending, huh? Told ya there'd be more crazy. Don't worry. This is not the end! The third and final book, titled, Hope ~Yato x Reader AU~ will be released on Monday, November 18, 2019! I'm already excited about it and all I have planned. I hope y'all are excited and anticipating the final book! That said, I genuinely want to say thank you to all of you for all of your support! It truly means the world to me! Please, remain kind and stay awesome sauce! Wuv yous!! <3**

-Noel Ross