2nd

Chaeyoung stared at the man in black suit as she was trying to process what he has just said. They are now seated inside the dumpling store, with Chaeyoung's parents and little brother standing behind her. The other men in black suit stood behind the man that Chaeyoung was guessing to be the senior of them all. If you could visualize that typical scene in every drama.

"Um, can you repeat it again? I didn't quite catch what you said, Mister", Chaeyoung asked in bewilderment. She actually heard everything clearly but she just wanted to make sure she really heard it right. "And how did you even find me?"

The man cleared his throat, "You went inside our building. Of course the receptionist will have record of your name and your location. And I'm guessing that by now, you probably know the identity of the man you helped yesterday, right, Ms. Park?"

She nodded timidly, "Y-Yes, I saw the name plate on the table..."

"Right. So that man, was the one and only Master Marco...the CEO of M.M Corp."

Chaeyoung could only nod to that as she waits for what he's going to say next.

"I'll just keep this short. Master Marco wanted to express his deepest gratitude. If you had not given him his pill, maybe he wouldn't have made it to the hospital. So he wants to give you something, as a thank you gift."

The man turned to unzip the black bag that he was holding before taking out an 8x11 piece of parchment paper, "We've conducted a background investigation about you, and learned that you're taking up music in Seoul National University."

Chaeyoung's eyes widened at the statement, "Wait, background investig—"

The man cut her off as he lifted the parchment paper to the blonde's vision, "And if you'd accept, Master Marco is offering you a full scholarship in Crossford University. The most prestigious school in the country."

Chaeyoung, her parents, and her little brother, all replied in unison, "C-Crossford University?!"

"Are you serious, Mister?!" Mrs. Park enthusiastically asked.

"Full scholarship? Meaning all expenses paid? Including the school uniform?" Mr. Park followed up.

"Can I join too, Mister?" her brother, Jaehyuk, butted in.

And several words were thrown but Chaeyoung remained still with her mouth slightly agape. She was lost, bothered, and excited at the same time.

"Master Marco is offering Ms. Park a three-year full scholarship. That means you won't spend a single cent until she graduates", the man simply answered all those questions.

"B-But...why Crossford? I mean, it's undoubtedly the most expensive school in South Korea. Why would your master spend such great amount for me?" Chaeyoung asked in confusion.

The man just smiled at her, "Like what I've said, this is his way of thanking you. And besides, he won't really need to spend a huge amount. Master Marco is one of the owners of Crossford University."

And Chaeyoung was beyond utterly shocked. She could never imagine that the little kindness that she did would possibly have a great impact on her life.

"Can I...um, think about it first?" she told the man. She was still confused.

"What would you even think about it, Chaeng? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity", her mother lightly shook her shoulders.

"That's right, Chaeng. We know how Seoul National University is a good school. But we're talking about Crossford here", her father added.

"But that school is full of rich and spoiled kids. Everything about it screams expensive, and I'm just...me", Chaeyoung slumped her shoulders at the thought, "What if I don't fit in? I can't even put my name and Crossford University in one sentence."