49th

"Sorry, but we have to go there first, baby", Jennie said behind the steering wheel, panic flashing her face.

Chaeyoung, who was sitting on the passenger seat was just as worried and confused, "Can you tell me what on earth is happening?"

The brunette took a deep breathe before glancing at her, "Lisa and Jisoo are fighting again. Someone from a club called me. Said they made a scene there. The club was practically wrecked."

Chaeyoung heaves out a sigh before leaning against the head rest to massage her temples, "Those idiots."

She was cursing the duo in her mind. For goodness' sake, her graduation ceremony just ended. She's been really looking forward to a stress-free day, and maybe to have some fun, peaceful celebration with her family and friends.

But because of this couple, who didn't even attend her graduation ceremony and chose to fight about god-knows-what stupid thing again, a celebration would be the last thing they'll care about now.

What a way to ruin the supposedly best day of her life.

"Are mom and dad on the other car?", she asks her girlfriend whose eyes are focused on the road.

"Yeah, they're behind, following us."

"Do they really have to come?"

"I mean, we can't really leave them. We're supposed to have dinner, right?", Jennie was glancing at her every now and then.

"How are we gonna have dinner now? Forget it. Let's just reschedule the celebration", Chaeyoung said in a really disappointed tone.

"Baby", Jennie reaches for her hand that was resting on her lap, "We won't be taking too long. We'll just pick Lisa and Jisoo up, and pay for the damages, then we can go."

"Nah, I'm not in the mood anymore."

She turns away and looks out the window instead, obviously upset. The shorter girl could only jut her lips in a pout, scared that Chaeyoung might snap on her.

Soon after, they came to halt, and Chaeyoung scans the place looking really skeptic.

"Is this the place? Jen, this looks more like a restaurant than a bar", she voiced out her opinion, "And isn't it closed? The lights are out. Are you sure this is the right place?"

"This is the address they gave. Maybe they're inside. We'll just have to figure out", Jennie shrugs before unbuckling her seatbelt and proceeded to step out of the car.

"Wait, I—"

Chaeyoung curses under her breath when the other girl got out. She has a really bad feeling about this. Like, something's not right. So she opened the car door on her side and followed the brunette outside.

"Jen, wait up!", she catches up to Jennie who was already at the doorstep of the restaurant, "I don't think they're here. This seems suspicious."

"What suspicious? This looks like a normal restaurant to me."

"The lights are out. How is that normal?"

"Maybe they closed it down when Lisoo fought?"

"You said they were in a club??"

"I...", Jennie bit on her lip and thought for a moment before answering, "I'm not really sure. But maybe they're inside. Let's just check it out?"

The brunette tried looking around the place before carefully placing a hand around the doorknob, only to draw it back.

"Actually, can you go first, baby? I'm scared of the dark."

Chaeyoung stared at her in disbelief, "You gotta be kidding me."