22nd

Chaeyoung didn't know how Jennie's small body managed to carry her from the camp all the way to the entrance road. She doesn't want to think much either, as the excruciating pain on her left foot gets worse and worse every single minute. So she just lets Jennie even though she could see how the girl was struggling to carry her weight.

They're already infront of Jennie's car, when a familiar voice called out from behind.

"Nini!"

The brunette turns to her back to find Lisa who was slightly panting trying to catch up to them.

"You forgot your keys", the younger girl said before tossing the keys to her, which she immediately caught.

Jennie clicks her tongue. She couldn't believe she impulsively walked out the scene, causing her to forget her keys.

"We'll bring your and Rosie's belongings. We're ditching this camp as well", Lisa added and gestures an okay sign.

"Thanks, Lili", Jennie nodded in appreciation.

Lisa then ran back to the trail to get Jisoo and their things.

Jennie turns back to unlock her car and carefully places Chaeyoung on the passenger seat. She securely buckles the seat belt for the girl, reaches for her spare jacket at the back seat and covers it around Chaeyoung, before she hops on the driver's seat and sped away.

The blonde melted at the gesture, but tried not to show it. It was a quiet drive for the both of them. Chaeyoung wants to say something but she was distracted. Firstly, by her left foot. And secondly, by Jennie's right hand.

Her eyes fell on their entwined hands, and she flusters immediately. Why on earth is Jennie Kim holding her hand while driving?

"Is the pain persisting?" the brunette asked and spares her a glance.

Chaeyoung snapped from her trance, "Um, yes. I think it's gotten worse."

She saw Jennie pursed her lips and furrows her brows looking so troubled.

"Don't worry, we're almost there", the girl assured her, and gave her hand a soft squeeze.

That sent some sort of electricity to Chaeyoung and she was flustered again. Their hands aren't just simply touching. They're freaking intertwined. Jennie's actions are confusing her big time, but she's more confused with herself as to why she's letting the girl confuse her.

She shakes off her thoughts when she felt her foot throb in pain again.

"Uh, Jen?" she asked when she finally found her tongue.

"Hm?"

"I assume you forgot that we have paramedics at the camp?"

Jennie freezes and looks at her in held up realization, "I- forgot..."

The brunette curses under her breath. She really forgot about the paramedics team because panic took over her and all she could think about was Chaeyoung. How her usually bright face contorted in pain, and how tears fell down from her beautiful orbs.

She doesn't want Chaeyoung to get hurt. She wanted to ease Chaeyoung's pain away. She wanted to—

"I'm sorry, it totally slipped my mind", she said and sped up the engine, "But we're almost there, just a little mo—"

"Hey, Jen. It's okay", Chaeyoung said and gives her a soft smile.

Jennie could only smile back, but the trouble in her face is still there.

Few more minutes and they reached the large hospital in the boundary of Seoul. The nurses immediately attended to Chaeyoung and places her carefully in a wheelchair, with Jennie tailing her behind. They brought her to a private room, where her left foot was checked by the attending doctor.