37th

Jennie swiftly wipes her tears and looks back up at her bestfriend with troubled eyes. She wanted to snap at her, but she knew the girl did nothing wrong. She just did what she needed to do. Something she knew she should've done sooner when she had the chance.

Lisa stared at her in disbelief. And Jennie knew exactly what she was thinking. The baffled expression on the younger girl's face was asking why on earth was she crying. If she already succeeded in hurting Chaeyoung, then why was she bawling her eyes out because of the girl?

"I love her, Lili", she lets out an answer without waiting for the question.

"You...what?"

"I already called off the game", she replied flatly, "When I realized I was falling for her."

Jennie didn't wait for Lisa's reply and she started stepping towards the door. But the younger girl was quick to grab her arm.

"Nini, I...", Lisa's at loss for words, her eyes filled with guilt, "I didn't kn—"

"You didn't know", the brunette completed her sentence while staring back at her, "It was my fault for not telling you. It was all my fault."

Jennie yanked her arm from the girl's grip before sprinting out of the door. Lisa tried to run after her but they both halted when they bumped into Jisoo.

"Chu, did you see Chaeyoung?", the brunette asked in urgency.

"That's what I was gonna ask you about. Why was Rosie running down the corridor crying?", Jisoo replied with the same concerned tone.

Jennie didn't answer and rushed towards the hallway in hopes of catching up to the girl.

Jisoo turned to Lisa and shot her a questioning look. But the tall blonde could only stare back with the same worried and guilt-filled eyes.

She knows she messed up.

~•~

Jennie ran through the corridors while glancing around in search of Chaeyoung. Students were all looking at her but she didn't care. She needs to find Chaeyoung. She needs to talk to her. She needs to tell her how much she loves her.

She had already scanned almost every corner of every building, but she still couldn't find the girl. And every step was getting heavier whenever the pained expression on Chaeyoung's face crosses her mind. She couldn't believe she had hurt her when she promised she'll protect her no matter what.

Her breathing hitched as she reached the parking area, and she stopped running to prop her hands against her knees, gasping heavily.

Chaeyoung's nowhere to be found. Her scooter's gone. She must have left already. And Jennie's probably late.

She fished out her phone from her pocket and tried calling the girl. But her calls were just being forwarded to voicemail.

Jennie has never been this afraid and frustrated her whole life. They were just starting. God, her life is just starting to have meaning because of Chaeyoung. Why must it be taken away so suddenly?

She wipes her face when she felt another tears fall, and ran towards her car. She wouldn't let this day go without talking to Chaeyoung. Without having a chance to explain herself. So she practically jumped into the driver's seat when she reached her car and started the engine in haste.

This by far was the fastest she has driven in years. She had beaten several red lights but she could care less. She couldn't even think straight and she didn't realize it only took her less than ten minutes to reach Chaeyoung's house.