45th

"Jennie's arriving in two hours, mom!"

Chaeyoung yelled from her room while fixing her blonde locks. She checks her dress and her 'barely there' make-up, which she really thought wasn't enough, but lets it be since she doesn't really fancy make-ups that much.

She swiftly takes her coat and bag from the hanger, and left her room in a hurry.

"You'll pick her up at the airport?", her mom asked, washing the dishes.

"Yup!", Chaeyoung steps on her shoes.

"With your scooter?"

"I— no, mom. I mean, I won't pick her up like, with a car, 'cos I don't have one. But I'm going to welcome her home, like, y'know", she shyly glances at her mom's way.

"Aigoo, I guess it's true when they say absence makes the heart grow fonder", Mrs. Park teases, "You young cringey couple."

"Mooom!"

"Why, it's true. Do you think I don't hear you getting all lovey-dovey on the phone?"

"I— why were you eavesdropping, mom??"

"I'm not? Jennie's on speaker, dumb dumb", her mom bubbles in a laugh.

"Real nice, mom", Chaeyoung playfully rolls her eyes.

"It's cute, though? I can see how Jennie loves you so much. And I couldn't be any happier as a parent."

"Aww, mom. Now, don't make me cry after I struggled applying this make-up", the blonde playfully whines.

"You'll still be the prettiest in Jennie's eyes even with smudged make-up, I just know it", Mrs. Park lets out a chuckle, "Hurry now and get your girl."

Chaeyoung blushes before nodding, "Oh, by the way, mom."

"Hm?"

"Um...I'm gonna sleepover at Jennie's", she lightly bites on her bottom lip.

"Oh, sure. Just...well...", her mother wriggles a brow knowingly at her, "Just take things slow, okay? I'm not ready to be a grandma yet."

"What, I— mooom!!"

The blonde brings both of her hands to cover her face in embarrassment. Just, what was her mom thinking??

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding", Mrs. Park laughs, "Now go before Jennie arrives without you."

Chaeyoung juts out her lips in a pout but nodded, "I'll come home tomorrow. Bye, mom! Love you!"

She left the house with a big smile on her face, and proceeds to book a cab. There's no way she's bringing her scooter when she knows she'll end up riding on Jennie's car anyway.

It was a good 30 minutes in the ride, and they're only a few meters away from the airport, when a certain shop at the sidewalk caught Chaeyoung's eyes. She smiled to herself and told the driver she'll get off right there. She'll just walk her way to the airport later.

So after paying for the ride, she gets off and walks straight to the flower shop she spotted.

"Welcome! What can I get you?", the staff greeted politely.

Chaeyoung responded with a smile before looking around. There was a variety of beautiful flower displays covering most of the shop. From red roses, to pink tulips. There are a lot to choose from. But she already knew what to buy.

"I'd like to get a bouquet of daisies", she told the staff.

She remembers how Jennie likes white daisies very much. It's even the design of her phone cover.