9.

"And... Who am I?"

Everyone looked at donghyuck and pitied him. Was it THAT bad?

"You are Lee Donghyuck. You are my best friend... We did so much together since we were kids... Like.. That one time when we found that snail and you wanted to build a home for it but accidentally crushed it on the floor! After you noticed you cried like the whole month.. ", jeno answered but hyuck watched him, clueless. ".. So I am a caring person? ", donghyuck asked and watched jeno with his big brown eyes. Jeno nodded. He wasn't going to tell him that he was scared of social interactions. This was going to be Donghyucks turning point.

~ time skip ~

One week passed since the accident and donghyuck felt better. He felt like a part of this whole system again, while also having his own routine. However he couldn't get used to his mother. Talking with his mother was very awkward for him. A mother who is always with him and knows everything about him? He thought it was weird. And with school he had to relearn everything but at least he would get help from his friends.

It's late at night and donghyuck had to go to school again tomorrow. He was on his bed cuddling with his blanket while thinking about a lot of things goigg through his mind when suddenly someone knocked on his window. Turning around to check who it is, he just could see a silhouette. "... Who.. Is this?", the sacred but curious teenager asked.

"It's jeno...", donghyuck remembered him and walked towards the window opening it for him. Jeno plopped into the room and smiled at donghyuck. "Hi! What were you doing?". "Not much, just lying on my bed and thinking..... Anyway.. I do have a question..", hyuck said drawing jenos attention to him, " was this normal before the accident?..". Jeno tilted his head to the side not understanding what the smaller one meant. "Like you coming into my room through the window instead of the door", donghyuck then explained while emphasizing the last part of his sentence. "oh that", jeno answered with a little giggle, "Well yes. You didn't know why I was using the window before as well.". "I guess it's because we were... Are? Best friends somehow...", donghyuck then said walking towards his bed and sitting down on it. Noticing that jeno was holding something the whole time, donghyuck now pointed at it: "What's that?". "That's my photo album! I have some very interesting pictures", jeno explained while sitting down next to donghyuck. He opened the book and showed him the pictures, hoping that he would remember something. Both of them were looking at the pictures while jeno was flipping the pages. "Anything familiar?", jeno asked only receiving hyuck shaking his head as an answer. After some pages finally hyucks eyes widen. "Isn't that mark?", he asked. Jeno nodded.

Donghyuck examined the picture

Donghyuck examined the picture. "I have.... A question but it may sound stupid..", donghyuck then said looking at jeno. "Go on. No question is stupid.", jeno tried to calm him down and make him feel comfortable. "Well... Is Mark... My.. You know.. Boyfriend?", donghyuck asked saying the last word a bit more quiet. Jeno couldn't help but feel jealous. His boyfriend just forgot him. Like their relationship was nothing. What should he answer?
Donghyuck lowered his head. "I knew this question was stupid...". "No it isn't! But I... Uhm I don't think you were that close..", jeno then answered also lowering his head. He didn't want to pressure hyuck by saying that he's his boyfriend. He wanted to let him decide and have a choice of his own. "Oh.. Really?", hyuck said sounding very sad. Jeno quickly turned the page, trying to avoid the topic, hyuck has brought up.

They continued looking at the pictures- also hyuck remembering some moments very vaguely - when jeno finally had to say goodbye since it was too late. "See you tomorrow at school!", jeno said and smiled at hyuck what caused hyuck to smile back with his sun like smile. Jeno left and hyuck tried to process what just happened. All the pictures were flying around in his head.

~~

When donghyuck arrived at school, everyone was glaring and probably knew what happened but hyuck didn't mind. Not walking much in the school halls, hyuck already met the others. His eyes only watching one of them. "Hey guys!", donghyuck greeted them and smiled still having his gaze on Mark Lee. "Hi hyuckiee~~", jaemin greeted hyuck back and put his arms around hyucks shoulders. Donghyuck shoved his arm away and gave jaemin a death glare. "how are you, hyuck?", Mark asked donghyuck, making him blush. "Uhm. Me? I'm.. I'm great!", donghyuck answered and the bell already rang. Everyone left for their classes.

Donghyuck could adapt well. Since he remembered everything they did right away. After the lessons donghyuck went to eat lunch. He was searching for the table where his friends were sitting but could only find a lonely Mark Lee eating lunch. "Hi", donghyuck said sitting in front of Mark. It was a miracle for him having the chance to sit alone with his crush. Mark smiled at him also saying "Hi".
"where are the others?", hyuck asked stealing a fry and throwing it into his mouth. "Don't you remember? The others have some projects they're in. That's why we're always alone on Mondays during lunch", mark said grinning at hyuck. 'oh', hyuck mouthed. "Well that comes in handy. I wanted to ask you if you want to.. Hang out at my place? We could watch a movie or play games... Only if you want to!", hyuck asked Mark with all the courage he had making the black haired male blush a bit. "Is this some kind of date?", Mark asked making donghyuck choke on his drink which he brought from home. "I-I honestly don't know... Whatever you want it to be.", donghyuck answered hitting himself mentally because he sounded like a panicked gay.

"Well then I'd honestly love to go to your place", Mark replied with a smile on his face and still having the redness on his cheeks.

___________

사랑이 좀 어려워...