ridiculous

︾

"Come on baby, you're being ridiculous." Ruel groans from behind you.

You scoff and roll your eyes, continuing to slip on your shoes, not yet looking him in the face.

"Y/N please." He begs, his desperation clear.

This all started because Ruel doesn't want you going to a friends party tomorrow. You told him about it, hoping he'd tag along, but instead he just got angry and said you couldn't go.

What is he, my dad? You mentally scoff, once again.

Just as you go to open his front door, his arm reaches out and slams it shut. This just fuels your anger even more.

You spin around and glare up at him, the look on your face making his eyes slightly widen. "You don't get to tell me what to do Ruel, what don't you understand about that?" He opens his mouth but nothing comes out. "I'm going to that party, with or without you."

Your words must've angered him because his jaw clenches and his eyes harden. "Don't make me look like the bad guy here, Y/N. I'm trying to protect you. You know what high school parties are like, they're fucking crazy."

"Now look who's being ridiculous." You scowl. "Stop being so dramatic over everything I do, it's exhausting."

Ruel hides how hurt he really is with a glare. "Fine, do whatever the fuck you want, just don't come crying to me after some asshole-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence Ruel."

"Why? Because you know i'm right?" He asks mockingly.

You shake your head and spin around, opening the door successfully this time. "Don't bother texting me tonight, or tomorrow for that matter." He narrows his eyes on you when you look back. "I won't answer since i'll be, you know, partying."

After sending him a sarcastic smile, you hurry out the door and to your car parked in his driveway, not looking back once.

All that over some stupid party.

You went to the party, just like you said you would. You felt a tiny ounce of regret, knowing Ruel was probably at home either angry or worried, but you tried to ignore it by distracting yourself.

When Ruel finally spots you, he sees you dancing with your friends, seemingly carefree, though you felt far from it.

After sitting at home, pacing around nervously, Ruel decided to come to the party to make sure you were okay. He couldn't stand the thought of something happening to you. Especially after your argument. That's also why he came, to talk it out with you.

Your friend was the first to notice Ruel walking in your direction. She nudges your side and nods at him when you send her a curious glance. You turn around and when your eyes land on his tall figure, you immediately tense up.

Did he come to yell at you?
Or argue again?

"We'll let you two talk." Your friend says, pulling your small group way with her.

Ruel finally reaches you, sticking his hands in his front pockets. "Hey." He says nervously over the loud music.

You roll your eyes and grab his arm to drag him out back where no on else was. "What are you doing here?" You ask after a few seconds of silence.

Ruel looks down at you, his eyes full of guilt. "I'm sorry Y/N." He whispers. "You were right, i'm dramatic and I shouldn't have gotten so angry over everything. You're allowed to do whatever you want...I just worry sometimes."

You were honestly speechless, surprised he admitted to everything. You bite your lip. "It's okay, I understand."

You were glad he understood he was wrong, and the upset look on his face made your plan of ignoring him disappear.

His arms slip around your waist as his body relaxes. "Good, cause I hate it when you're mad at me."

You felt the same way with him.

"I missed you." You pout, resting your head on his chest. And it's true, as clingy as it sounds.

Ruel's deep chuckle makes a smile appear on your face. "I missed you so much more baby." He kisses the top of your head before mumbling, "I love you."

Your smile only widens. "I love you too."