shy

︾

You tighten your grip on the books held against your chest as you make your way to your locker, keeping your head down to avoid eye contact with anyone.

You wouldn't say you're antisocial, just...shy.

Very shy.

The sudden sound of loud laughter breaks you out of your thoughts. Before you can even look up to see what it was, you bump into something. More specifically, a person.

A quiet gasp escapes your lips as one of your books falls to the ground.

"Shit, my bad."

When you look up from the ground to see who the voice belongs to, your eyes slightly widen. Of course it just had to be Ruel, the most popular guy in school along with his group of friends. Great. Amazing.

You shake your head and reply quietly. "It's okay."

Ruel stares at you silently with a weird look in his eyes, before shaking his head as well. He bends down to grab your book before you have the chance.

"Thanks." You whisper once he hands it over.

"No problem." He clears his throat. "Are you new? I've never seen you around before." His friends behind him chuckle, making a blush appear on your cheeks.

"Dumbass." The one with brown hair and brown eyes says to his left.

"No i'm not. I've always gone here."

It's Ruel's turn to blush now. "What's your name?"

You stay silent, unsure of whether or not you should tell him. He seems nicer than people say. "Y/N."

He looks you up and down with a single nod. "Cool. I'm Ruel."

One friend standing behind him clears his throat, making Ruel glance behind him with his eyebrows furrowed. "We should go. You know the teachers check the parking lot soon."

So they're skipping.

The tall boy in front of you returns his gaze to you, his eyes softening as he does so. "It was nice meeting you Y/N. I'll see you around, yeah?"

You stop your eyes from widening once again and just nod. "Sure."

He smiles, before leading his friends down the hall.