his favorite

︾

Ruel watched you reading a book with a small smile on his face. You were his favorite thing to look at.

The sight of you had always relaxed him, and although he didn't know how or why, he didn't mind one bit.

You've always been special to him, ever since you were children. You guys were best friends. He pursued your friendship after a boy in your kindergarten class pushed you onto the ground. Ruel, being the brave boy he was, pushed the guy right back. He even yelled at him. All for you.

He'd always been protective. Like extremely protective when it came to you.

The guys in your high school now know to stay away from you. After what happened to a kid named Johnny in your grade, no one else ever tried to hit on you again.

"Hey, baby." He says quietly, brushing your hair behind your ear.

Your eyes snap up to meet his and your cheeks immediately heat up. "Hm?" You mumble, wondering why he interrupted your reading.

He grins cheekily. "You're pretty."

That definitely didn't help the redness in your cheeks.

"Ruel." You whine, bringing your hands up to cover your face.

He chuckles and tilts his head. "What? It's true."

You and Ruel never made anything official. Though you knew his feelings towards you since he admitted them a while back.

Of course you felt the same.
You were just scared. Scared of getting hurt.

God knows you've already gone through enough of that.

Ruel, seeing that you weren't planning on replying, pulls you into his lap, so that you're now straddling his waist. His hands land on your hips and he rubs the skin that's not covered with his thumb soothingly. His eyes scan your whole face, before stopping on your lips.

His jaw clenches and he looks away. "Fuck. I wanna kiss you so badly right now, you have no idea."

Your eyes slightly widen and you grab his shoulders. "Ruel-"

His sigh cuts you off. "I know princess, I get that you're still not sure. I shouldn't have said that."

You quickly shake your head with a frown. "I-I do like you Ruel."

As soon as those words leave your mouth, his wide eyes snap up to meet yours. "Really? You're serious?"

You slowly nod and Ruel doesn't waste any time before crashing his lips onto yours. You freeze up, unsure of how to react. This was your first kiss.

His hand squeezes your waist, encouraging you to kiss back, so you do.

He smiles against your lips and pulls you as close as possible.

It doesn't take you very long to run out of breath, so you gently push on his chest. Ruel reluctantly backs away, but only slightly.

"Shit Y/N." He curses, and you're not the only one who's out of breath.

"Was it bad?" You ask shyly.

His eyes widen slightly. "No, no, no baby, not at all."

You mentally sigh in relief.

"Please say you'll be my girl." He begs, letting his hands squeeze your sides once again.

You don't hesitate to nod, giggling as you do so. "Of course I will."