heather ♪

a/n: so i based this imagine off of the popular song by conan gray, but in this story, you're heather ;)

"Hey bub." Ruel, your best friend of fifteen years, suddenly appears in the spot next to you, and like always, he leans forward to kiss the top of your head. "You excited for the carnival this weekend?"

A grin appears as you turn to face him. "Of course I am."

The two of you have gone to the Fall Carnival together every year since you became friends. It's basically a tradition now.

He smiles in return and wraps his arm around the back of your chair. "Good. I was thinking you could stay the night at my place after, and-"

"Hey guys!" Another voice cuts in, interrupting whatever Ruel was gonna say. Your other friend, Olivia, plops down in the seat across from you with a smile.

Her eyes linger on Ruel, something that always seems to happen, you've noticed.

And you couldn't deny the fact that you were jealous.

You liked him. As more than a best friend. How could you not, after knowing each other for so long. It was practically inevitable. He didn't know, of course. You were almost positive he didn't feel the same.

There are so many girls out there that are way prettier, like Olivia, you remind yourself. How could he like me of all people?

"Hey..." Ruel trails off, his smile slightly falling at the sight of her.

You didn't notice that though. The way he would get almost upset at the fact that you weren't alone together. Sure, Olivia was nice, and she had been apart of your friend group for about a year now, but he was not really a big fan of her.

Her crush on him was obvious, but he never pointed it out, cause he didn't want to have to reject her. It would only make things awkward between the three of you. Especially when he finally built up the courage to tell you how he feels.

"Hi Liv." You smile kindly, though you can't help but feel saddened by your own thoughts. The ones telling you that you aren't good enough for someone like Ruel.

"So, whats the plan for this weekend?" She asks as she starts to take out her lunch.

"Y/N and I actually had plans to go to the carnival, so..."

Her eyes light up at his words. "Oh, that sounds fun. What time are we going?"

Ruel wanted to groan out of frustration so badly, but he held it in for the sake of not being rude. He wanted to go with you. Just you.