skater boy

a/n: your friend in this story will be referred to as a boy :)

You look up from the book in your hands at the sound of Y/F/N cursing. Seeing him now flat on his butt on the ground makes you giggle at the frustrated look on his face.

He looks up and meets your gaze, sending you a playful glare while sticking his tongue out at you.

Y/F/N begged you to tag along with him to the skate park, even though you've never stepped one foot on a skateboard. That's why you brought a book. He, of course, teased you for that, but he didn't expect any less from you.

You go back to reading while sat against a nearby wall.

Just as you flip to the next page, a looming shadow appears over you, blocking the suns harsh gaze. "Skate parks are typically not the best place to be reading a book." A deep accented voice says.

Your eyes snap up and immediately lock with a pair of green ones. You feel your cheeks heat up. "Why not?"

The boy raises an eyebrow and bends down to your level with a smirk. "Let's see, the noise, the fact that there's no place to sit besides the ground, and oh yeah, the distractingly hot boys."

"You have a point." You bite your lip, catching his eyes drift down to them and his adam's apple bob. "I don't know how to skate, and my friend basically forced me to come. So here I am." You hold the book up with a small grin.

His smirk turns into a smile. "What's your name?"

"Y/N." You tuck your hair behind your ear. "What's yours?"

He holds his hand out to you. "Ruel."

When your hand meets his to shake it, you swear you feel tingles course through your arm.

He takes a quick glance behind him before looking at you again. "Want me to teach you?"

Your eyes slightly widen. "To skate?" He nods. "I-I don't know...what if I fall?"

Ruel chuckles and shakes his head. "You won't princess, i'll catch you." He sees your still hesitant and continues. "If it makes you feel any better, you can hold my hand."

After contemplating for a few seconds, you finally give in. "Okay."

His smile widens and he stands up. You grab his outstretched hand after setting your book down and allow him to pull you up.

Forgetting about Y/F/N, you follow him over to a flatter area where there are no ramps.

He sets his board down and that's how the lesson begins. He shows you the proper way to stand before getting into the moving part, keeping his promise of holding your hand.

Once again a blush makes its way onto your face when his hands suddenly grab your waist after about ten minutes into learning. Distracted and caught off guard by his actions, you lose your balance and feel yourself start to fall.

You expect to meet the hard surface of the ground, but instead the same hands wrap around your waist, stopping your fall.

You nervously look up with wide eyes. "I'm so sorry."

Ruel looks down at you silently, arms still around you, with a certain emotion that you can't decipher. After a few more seconds, he seems to finally snap out of it when he shakes his head. "Don't worry about it." He clears his throat, covering whatever he felt before with yet another smirk. "Told you i'd catch you."

You open your mouth to thank him when another voice cuts in.

"Y/N? Who's this?" Y/F/N asks.

You pull yourself out of Ruel's grip, seeing a flash of disappointment in his eyes, and turn to face your friend with a sheepish smile. "This is Ruel." You play with your hands nervously. "He's teaching me how to skate."

Y/F/N raises an eyebrow. "Is he now?" You quickly nod. "Okay...well are you ready to head home? I'm tired as fuck."

You glance back at Ruel, seeing his eyes already on you, before turning back around. "Yeah, i'm ready."

Your friend nods and tells you to meet him at his car.

Once he's gone, you spin around to face Ruel, only to have him already inches away from you, hands in his front pockets.

"Thank you, for not letting me fall and for trying to teach me." You look up at him with a shy smile.

His eyes soften and he brushes his hair out of his face. "No problem. I had fun."

"Me too." You rock back and forth slightly. "I guess i'll see you around."

He smiles with a nod. "Yeah, for sure."

With one finally wave, you turn and make your way to Y/F/N's car.

"Y/N, wait!"

Hearing Ruel's voice again makes you pause your steps and face him. He's jogging towards you with a book in his hand.

Your book.

He finally reaches you and holds it out in your direction. "You forgot this."

Slowly taking it from him, still slightly in shock, you whisper a thank you.

"Also..." He quickly says, seeing you turn to leave again. Ruel looks around nervously. "I was wondering if maybe I could get your number?"

You look at him, even more surprised than before. "Yeah, sure."

His body physically relaxes and he immediately pulls out his phone, handing it over after unlocking it.

Once your number is in with the name 'y/n :)' you give it back.

He grins. "I'll text you."