unexpected

a/n: if you don't have a brother then just come up with a random name lol︾

"Y/N! Have you seen my board?" Your brother calls from his room that's a few doors away.

You roll your eyes at his forgetfulness and sit up. "No! Did you check under your bed?"

Silence follows your question. After a few seconds Y/B/N pops his head inside your room with a grin. "Found it." He walks in and plops down onto your bed. "What are you doing today?"

"I don't know yet." You shrug. "Probably watching Netflix."

"Why don't you come chill at the skatepark with us? You can even bring one of your nerdy books." He ruffles your hair teasingly.

"They're not nerdy." You glare. "And no way. I refuse to go anywhere with you two."

The other person you're referring to is Ruel, your brothers best friend. He loves teasing you for absolutely no reason at all. That's why you're not too fond of him.

"Come on, you can watch me do cool tricks and shit." He pouts.

You stare at him silently before deciding you have nothing better to do. "Fine. Just let me change."

And that's how you end up at the skatepark twenty minutes later. Ruel was apparently meeting your brother there. You decided to just try and avoid him as you head to a bench, book in hand. But it seems that he had other plans.

"Sweetheart." He says from behind you, the smirk in his voice clear as day. You scowl at the nickname he gave you a while back, knowing it bothered you. "Did you really think you could get away without saying hello?"

You turn around to face his taller figure with a glare. "Yes, yes I did." You search for your brother behind him, only to see that he's already skating down the ramps. Great.

He pouts mockingly. "That's not very nice."

You return your attention to Ruel and cross your arms over your chest. "What do you want?"

His eyes lower at your action and a scowl appears on your face. You instantly regret wearing a low cut shirt. "My eyes are up here, you perv."

His eyes snap up and you see guilt flash through them, but it's quickly gone. What was that?

When he doesn't look like he's gonna say anything else, you spin back around and continue making your way to the bench that's a few feet away before sitting down. You open your book to where you last left off and start reading, ignoring Ruel, who's still standing a little further away.