smaller than this ♪

! trigger warning : eating disorder !

"Y/N, love, are you sure you're okay?" Ruel's question breaks you out of your thoughts, and you glance away from the girl who practically looks like a model, in her tight fitting dress.

You shake away your negative thoughts and attempt to look up at him with a small smile. "I'm fine, Ruel. You don't need to worry about me, we're here for you."

He still seems unsure, but he nods anyways. You can't help but shift your gaze back to all the women, who rightfully look so confident.

That's where it really started. When you saw all the gorgeous, tall, and skinny women at the event Ruel was invited to for his accomplishments as a singer. They all had perfect bodies, with barely any fat on them.

When you went home that night, all you could do was stare at yourself in the mirror. Picking and prodding at the extra skin on your body. It bothered you, and that's when you decided to do something about it.

You were gonna be skinny, no matter what it took.

"Hey, Ruel, i'll be back in a little bit." You whisper, running your fingers through his dirty blonde hair, causing him to stir a little.

He slowly blinks his eyes open, and looks at you with a frown after checking the time. "Baby, it's barely six in the morning. Where are you headed?"

You send him a reassuring smile. "I'm just going for a run at the park."

"This early?" He raises his eyebrows, reaching out to caress your face.

You giggle quietly and nod. "Yeah. I like seeing the sunrise. It's fun."

He grins at your reasoning and shakes his head. "Okay, if you say so. Be safe."

After giving him a quick kiss, you grab your keys and a water bottle before leaving your shared apartment. Usually you would just work out at home, at least you had been for the past month, but you weren't getting results fast enough, so you decided to try running.

You've never really been a morning person, which is why Ruel was so surprised.

At the park, you ran a total of five miles, and by the end of it, you were practically drenched in sweat. You weren't bothered by it, since sweating helps you lose weight too.

That's all you wanted. To lose weight.

This went on for another two weeks. You'd wake up at exactly 5:30 am, and go for a run. The more you did it, the better you felt about yourself.