010

Today was different, the day seemed to drag for Janet. She had done something childish and it didn't help her in this case at all. It didn't help her feel better, it didn't make anything easier. It just complicated things if she was being totally honest but she wouldn't dare admit that to Gil.

Gil stood watching as Janet tried to learn a whole new set of moves to I Get Lonely. He checked his watch and realized in a matter of minutes all hell was going to break loose. Still, he held his mule. Janet was a grown woman, and even though this choreography was mediocre and almost outright childish compared to Mariah's, whatever floated his best friends boat was fine with him.

The woman teaching Janet seemed to be a little too handsy with the singer. She had her hands on Janet's hips teaching her the whine almost as if she hadn't done it before. Shaking his head, he watched his handles move on his wrist watch and soon it hit 2:30 and like clockwork the door to the dance studio opened and Mariah appeared. Her eyebrow lifted once she saw the scene and Gil watched as she became unhinged.

Mariah stood at the entrance of the studio stuck. She had two options, go off politely or show her entire ass. She was going for option two because she couldn't stand Kerryton's ass. They couldn't stand each other, so for her hands to be on Janet's hips and for this bitch not to have no damn clothes on while her hands were on Janet's hips... it called for hell to break loose.

She met eye contact with Gil whom seemed to be watching her before she spoke over the music as she dropped her bag to the ground with a thud. "So this is what I know..."

The music stopped, due to Gil pressing pause and hoping that she got his best friend in check because he knew he couldn't. "I know that's not I Get Lonely you're dancing to because I know that I'm choreographing that number. I know she don't have her hands on your hips as if you're incapable of learning without hands on. I also know that this chick ain't half naked like she's too dumb to find clothes while teaching you some bullshit dance to I Get Lonely. See, that's three strikes, and I'm realizing that the shit isn't imaginary. So imma put it like this, Kerryton, get yo fast ass out of this studio."

Kerryton laughed as she threw on a crop sweater on top of her sports bra. "Or else?"

Mariah nodded

Mariah nodded. "Kerryton, see you're building an equation in your head right now but I need you to add the fact that I will whoop your ass into that equation."

"Oh please, bitch you're just mad that she changed her mind and chose me instead." The other dancer tried to taunt Mariah.

"I don't see why, that wack ass dance you just attached to that song? Take your Shake It Up dance moves to Disney and quit trying to get grown ass women to execute that childish ass shit."

"Childish ass dance moves? You must be talking about you because you're the one whose never branched from being under Aisha's wing."

"Oh shut up. You're tired. You're done. Log the fuck out. GoodBye."

"The only time I've ever been around somebody tired and done was your daddy after I fucked him." Kerryton shot out pettily knowing exactly what fuse she had just lit but thinking she could handle it.

That was it for Mariah and Janet was the second one that realized that was the final straw of this argument. "Oh bitch." When Mariah charged for Kerryton she tackled her to the floor as she punched her in the nose. The crack was loud enough for Janet and Gil to know it was more than likely broke. Kerryton grabbed Mariah's hair and it was on from there as the two began throwing punches, Mariah somehow still landing here even though she was swinging blindly.

"Let my hair go!" Mariah yelled as she continued to punch the girl underneath her. Kerryton was desperately trying to gain leeway but she was coming to no avail. Still, known to everyone, Mariah wasn't letting up any time soon.

She had spoke on Mariah's father, and to the girl that was a no go. Kerryton knew her father was deceased because before they fell out, they were so called friends— best friends at that. Well, that is until Kerryton slept with Mariah's boyfriend.

Gil helped Janet pull Mariah off of Kerryton. The dancer was oddly calm as she spoke to Kerryton. "Don't ever speak on my daddy you worthless whore. You fuck your way through the ladders of LA. There's a difference between us, I actually have the talent bitch. Get the fuck out of here."

Kerryton was still on the floor and Gil looked around before realizing he had to be the one to help her up. He walked over to the woman who was cradling her nose. "Come on sweetheart, let's get you to your car or... to an ambulance. Which ever you prefer."

When Gil had gotten the woman out of the room, assisting her wherever, Mariah quickly put space in between her and Janet. She was quick to ask the older woman. "What the fuck was that about? Kerryton fucking Jones? If you're gonna replace me, can you at least find someone with half the talent?"

Janet took a breath, like stated before, she knew what she had done was not ideal and realized it wasn't the most mature thing to do as a reaction. Still, she didn't know how to express that in this moment. "How was I supposed to know that you two didn't get along?"

"So I'm not understanding what you thought was going to happen. You just replace me and I'm supposed to be okay with it?" Mariah was upset and when she got upset she wasn't the quiet church mouse people were accustomed too unless she got irritated. That was when silence prevailed. "That's bull shit. You've been mad at me for no fucking reason since yesterday. So if you want to be mad, cool. Just don't bring that shit into our business. You're paying me to deliver you a product, and either way it goes, my contract says I'm getting paid. So can I deliver what I'm here for or no?"

The singer nodded. "Yeah, but let me explain—."

"I don't even wanna hear it right now. Let's just dance. Forget all that bullshit she just called herself teaching. Let's run back through my choreo please. Do I need to reteach it or no?" Janet shook her head, running through her original dance, as Mariah went over to the stereo, started it over and pressed play on the song. The dancer was irritated, and her silence accompanied that feeling. You could see it on her face clear as day but she didn't care.

Music filled the studio as the pair worked in complete silence unless Mariah had to correct something and when she did correct something it was a monotone voice she used. This didn't work out how Janet thought it would and now she found herself in the space where she needed to apologize to the younger woman. She would, soon at that, because she couldn't handle this feeling.