024

Only two hours after the performance, everyone was rushing around trying to make sure they had everything before boarding the buses and going back to their hotel. Things were moving quickly and Janet seemed to be the only one not over thinking every move made. She had grabbed her bags herself and placed them at the bottom of the bus, even after people had offered to help. Today was Friday, and tomorrow was the weekend meaning she had the next two days off and she could spend every moment talking with her girlfriend.

Even though she felt a little under the weather, she didn't let it stop her excitement from brewing. So when she finally made it to the buses and everyone was accounted for and ready she squealed softly at the idea of seeing her girl, even if it was through a screen. Especially since this weekend their dates matched up and they were both free from work.

The ride to the hotel went by in a blur and soon Janet had soaked in the tub and was in bed after taking some medicine to get her allergies to calm some. She grabbed her phone and FaceTimed her girlfriend who answered on the second ring with a smile. "Hey baby."

The singer smiled back. "Hi beautiful. What're you doing?"

"Nothing. Just left the club."

"How was that?"

"Eh." Mariah muttered in disgust before explaining. "My ex was there."

"At the club?"

"Yeah at the club. He asked me to dance. I told him no. Then he told me he'd tell me why he slept with Karrington and I felt like I needed that explanation. So we're dancing, straight up 20's style. Distance between us, looking about awkward as hell but not the point. He tells me his mother dies. Yada yada. So I walked away after realizing the conversation wasn't going anywhere and he yells in the club that he got Karrington pregnant."

Janet gasped. "What?"

"Yeah and that she had his baby. Bae... I snapped. I completely snapped which I hadn't done at all. I'd been keeping my composure with him but that made me so damn upset. Like not only do you cheat with my best friend but you knock her up? The audacity!"

"Yeah he's really messed up for that. They both are."

"Exactly just ughhh!" The dancer huffed in aggravation before shaking it off. "But enough about that dumb stuff. How'd the show go?"

Sniffling a little, Janet replied. "It went great actually. Things ran smoothly. No audio or visual issues. It was just smooth sailing."

"That's great baby. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you."

Mariah next question stemmed from the fact that she saw her girlfriend's nose turning a soft red. "Getting sick, huh?"

"No. It's just allergies." The sinner brushed it off.

"Baby you're getting sick."

"Don't jinx me Mariah. It takes me forever to get over colds and flus. Knock on wood."

The younger woman chuckled but still knocked on the wooden nightstand sitting next to her bedside. "I knocked bae, but I can always tell when someone's about to get sick. The room cold?"

"Of course. I can't sleep any other type of way." Janet regretted saying the word sleep almost as soon as it fell from her tongue. "I'm tired."

"Because you're getting sick."

"No, because I just finished performing."

"Baby you always stay up and talk to me after you finish performing. So don't blame it on that. You're getting sick. Obviously your nose is stuffy. Head hurt?"

"It's just allergies."

"So your head does hurt. Coughing?"

"Baby I'm fine. Stop it." Janet whined softly. "I'm just tired because I took the medicine."

Mariah gave up even though she knew her girlfriend was indeed getting sick. "Okay baby. Get some sleep. I'll call in the morning."

The dancer didn't think that would catch her girlfriends attention but it did. Janet pouted. "No. Stay on the phone."

"You want me to stay on the phone while you sleep?"

They'd never done that before, because Janet said she wasn't a fan of it. Now all of a sudden she was? Oh yeah, now the younger woman knew her girlfriend was getting sick.

"Please. Or at least until I fall asleep. Talk to me. Or dance. Whatever works, but I'm leaning more towards dancing."

A smile graced Mariah's face as she chuckled, grateful that her best friend had crashed in Ashley's suite tonight so she was alone. "Alright baby, I'll dance what do you want me to dance to?"

"Anything. Something R&B."

Mariah nodded as she set her phone up and stood from her hotel bed. Her body only bearing her undershirt and some shirts. She held her hands up to her girlfriend. "I have to go find my speaker. Hold on. I'll be right back." It only took her two minutes to find it, turn it on and soon it was playing The Way by Kehlani. Janet looked on when the dancer came back to the camera. Mariah spoke over the music. "No heels tonight. I don't feel like lacing them up."

"That's okay."

The younger woman could tell her girlfriend would be falling asleep soon and shook her head softly as she began dancing. Janet watched her practice her craft and it made a smile appear on her face. She could tell Mariah was really in her element. Slowly, the singers eyes began to close.

The dancer finished the song before she walked softly to her phone. "Goodnight baby. Sleep well." She muted her end and went to go turn her music off. When she put everything back how it was supposed to be, she went back into her room and cut all the lights off. Turning the screen to where she could see Janet, she watched her sleep for a moment before deciding to get some sleep herself.

Except, after minutes passing, she realized she couldn't. Mariah sat up and sighed softly, realizing her body just was not tired. Between Clarence dropping that bomb in the club and her girlfriend being sick and way in Las Vegas, sleep was the last thing the dancers body could process at the moment. Grabbing her phone, she got up and went to her suitcase. She knew only one thing would help her sleep and as she put on her shoes she thought over what Saweetie's room number was.

A late night journey would be perfect.