016

They stood on the bus as everyone else was getting situated. Joey boarded the bus and Janet spoke to him. "Joey, can you ride on the second bus please?"

He looked at the two of them before nodding. "Yeah. After first stop, I'm getting back on this one though, because they talk too much boss,"

"That's fine. We won't take long." The singer replied.

Joey got off the bus and left the two of them in silence. Mariah sat down slowly as the buses started to pull off. Janet sat across from her. It was silent until Janet spoke. "So..."

The dancer didn't even look up but instead kept her gaze on her nails. "So..."

"Can we talk about what happened? Or are you going to block me face to face as well?"

Mariah knew it was coming and took a breath. "What's your issue?"

"My issue? No. The question is, what's your issue?" The singer asked her.

"I don't have an issue."

"See no, that doesn't work for me because you literally told me it was over and blocked me before I could respond. You stopped going to Aisha's. You must have an issue because people with no issue don't do that."

The dancer thought back to what caused that reaction and scoffed. "Nah. It seemed the issue started with you. I just finished it."

"Mariah what issue? What are you talking about? Stop beating around bushes and be straight for once! What the hell happened?"

Slowly, Mariah started talking and the more she did, the more Janet realized that she'd gotten caught up in a lie.

Mariah was sitting at home by herself, really bored out of her mind. Janet had a meeting and wouldn't be over until later. So she found herself texting her sisters and scrolling through Twitter and Instagram.

While she was scrolling through Instagram, she saw Jermaine Dupri went on live and clicked it to see what he was talking about. Usually he'd troll like the ignorant man he was but today he seemed to just be chilling in his studio.

Mariah watched for a moment before she went to hit the X and almost like the Devil knew she was about to leave she saw something in the corner of the camera. Or more like someone.

Janet walked over and leaned over his shoulder and was about to talk until she saw he was on live. She moved out of the cameras view almost as quick as she had entered and Mariah's face morphed into one of anger.

Jermaine laughed at Janet's actions and spoke. "Shawty don't wanna be seen right now. That's alright."

Mariah exited the live and closed out Instagram completely. She went to her messages and texted Janet.

Mariah
Wya? I miss you.

Janet
Still in the meeting, I'll be done soon. Promise.

Janet sat there when Mariah finished speaking. Letting silence hit the space seemed to be her best option at the moment but it did nothing but piss Mariah off. The dancer scoffed. "So you have nothing to say? Nothing? Not a damn word?"