PROLOGUE

I hated pirates.

They were irresponsible criminals that never knew the consequences of their actions and when the situation got tough, they ran away. They took to the seas and left everything behind including their responsibility.

Like my Father.

However, blood runs thicker than water and no matter how hard one wishes to escape your heritage, it always runs after you. Your genes can never be changed and your destiny is just another wave in the ocean.

I was a marine.

A marine knew only black and white and they had no grey in their color scale. I knew there was a right and a wrong, nothing more, nothing less. That was what one was taught through the tough training, but sometimes rebelling was just in one's genes.

I changed.

The seasons change throughout a year filled with new beginnings, new problems and new adventures but very few people ever change. Most people stray from their path and continue into the darkness while turning a blind eye to the light and the truth.

I was that person.

Most people don't believe in destiny or fate and blame situations on mere coincidences. Yet, life is filled with much more than coincidences and if destiny says one thing, it happens despite everything being filled with hate or war.

Afterall, there's a thin line between hatred and love...