CHAPTER 7

Rosaline smirked in victory as she finished plating with the help of Law's three crewmembers and she was pleased that her food came out better than expected. She knew she did a good job when she heard the exclamation from the crew.

"Well, don't just stare at the food, dig in. I'm not going to feed you," Rosaline said and heard a few groans of disappointment. She rolled her eyes before watching as everyone ate the food and let out a breath. She decided it was her queue to leave and walked away.

"Wait! Where are you going?! You can join us!" The man she came to know as Penguin, exclaimed while his partner next to him stuffed his mouth with the food. Rosaline glanced back and saw Law only eat his food with closed eyes.

She shrugged and went to sit down next to Bepo who was the only one who had a chair open next to him. She silently ate her small plate of food while seeing the rest of the men enjoy themselves, their eating breaking the silence.

"This is so good! Where did you learn to cook like this...um..." Shachi was about to compliment her but he found that he didn't know her name. He flushed slightly when she chuckled at him before glancing back at him.

"Rosaline."

"Oh, right! Where did you learn to cook like this, Rosaline-chan? Did they teach you this as a marine?" Shachi asked but Rosaline shook her head. She took a bite out of her last portion of food and wiped her mouth with a napkin.

"No, they're as hopeless as your Captain when it comes to cooking. I learned how to cook when I was still a kid." Rosaline clarified and didn't miss the glare she got from Law who was enjoying his meal, despite not saying that he did. She saw him take a second serving.

"How come you eat so little? Don't you like your own food, Rosaline-chan?" Shachi asked but Rosaline shook her head in denial. Despite not eating at all for a week that small plate was enough to fill her up to the brink.

"I don't eat much, that's all. This was enough to fill me for a whole day," Rosaline answered and they looked at her in shock with gaped mouths. They couldn't believe that she was stuffed from finishing a plate of the food she had made.

They were still stuffing themselves!

"Well, whether you eat much or not, your food is still amazing! With you here we might have a chance of not dying of starvation! Wait, you are staying right?" Shachi asked and everyone's attention was suddenly on the red-haired female.

Rosaline watched as everyone stared at her, including Law. She sudden felt uncomfortable and resisted to shift slightly. It wasn't like she was given a choice in the matter. She was already forced to give a pirate her word. There was no way she was breaking that too.

"I gave my word so I'll have to stay," whether I like it or not... Rosaline added in her mind before the men cheered. Rosaline was surprised at their reactions and never thought that a group of pirates would be ecstatic for a marine to join them.

Then again, did it register that she was a marine? She highly doubted it. They only wanted her to join because she could cook. Typical pirates. They only cared about their own greed without taking others in consideration.

"You're new so that means you're my subordinate," Bepo said and Rosaline sweat dropped at his statement. Maybe it was better than working directly under Law. She glanced at the male and saw him sit back in his chair, his thoughts to himself.

He hadn't said anything the entire time they ate. He merely gave her one single glance. The rest of the time he seemed lost in his own world of thoughts. A world that she would never be able to comprehend and didn't wish to do so either.