CHAPTER 17

They docked near the beach and a few crewmembers were ordered to stay at the submarine while the rest went out to explore the island. Rosaline was one of the first to jump off the submarine, securing the hat on her head and her eyes scanning the nearby forest.

Her eyes darted back and forth in search of the mysterious girl that waved at her just moments before, but she found no trace of her. She extended her senses as she closed her eyes and took in the presences all around the island.

There were none.

She slowly opened her eyes and a frown came onto her lips. That was peculiar. There was an Island with absolutely no one living on it, despite the little girl being around. Moreover, the log pose didn't pick it up.

Rosaline let out a sigh as she walked closer to the forest and stopped when she reached the edge. The rest of the men were busy climbing off the submarine, no one noticing her. Rosaline's eyes scanned the area but there was nothing.

From where she was standing, she could feel the wet sand underneath her feet, the moistness of the air complementing the feeling. She bent down to touch the sand and as soon as her hand touched, a pulse shot right through her. She gasped and nearly fell back.

That was unexpected.

"Hey, Rosa-chan! Wait for Captain's orders before you venture the forest!" Shachi called and Rosaline was snapped out of her haze. She then sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. She knew that if she was going to wait for Law, she was never going to be able to climb the mountain.

Unfortunately, if she disobeyed orders, she would have to argue with Law and it was one thing she didn't want to do. She wanted to stay out of his way for as long as possible. She was determined with her conclusion until she heard giggling.

Rosaline's eyes snapped towards the forest and her eyes lock onto an identical pair of blue eyes of a small blond-haired girl. She wore a light green dress with flower patterns and her bare feet nested into the sand. She gave Rosaline a big smile and beckoned her to follow her.

Rosaline glanced back towards her crew and saw all of their eyes on Law before she returned her attention back to the girl who was already walking on. Rosaline let out a curse before she quickly followed pursuit after the girl.

She didn't have time to ask for permission or she would lose sight of the girl again. This may be her only chance to find a clue of the island. Rosaline knew that it may also be a trap but luckily, she was able to stand her ground as long as she was fully charged with her armament.

"Alright, we're going to split up in groups of three. Find what may be useful on this rock and report back. If you run into civilians, don't make any ruckus. Do you each have your Den Den Mushi?" Law asked and everyone lifted up the small transponder snails making him grunt.

It would be a big problem if he wanted to contact them and couldn't reach them, especially when they were on a strange Island. As soon as any trouble aroused, they needed to leave this island as soon as possible.

"Alright, everyone who already made groups, you can set out. Bepo you're with Shachi and Penguin, make sure you don't get into trouble," Law ordered. He saw the two males gape at their Captain, offended at his statement, while Bepo merely nodded.

"I'll go with Rosa-ya," Law stated. He gestured towards where Rosaline once stood, only to find that it was void. He cursed at the female before he sprinted off in the direction where she had left them, not even sparing another glance towards his crewmates.

"Be careful, Captain!" He heard Penguin's call behind him and mentally grunted before setting his eyes on the forest around him. He didn't have any time for her to mess around and he knew no one could go alone on such a strange island as this.