CHAPTER 6

The trip, despite being short, was more comfortable than Rosaline thought it would be. Bepo was the quiet type and she found it perfect since she didn't feel like talking. The less she conversed with a pirate, the better.

She wanted to harbour her hatred for them as long as possible even if it meant that she had to hate herself. It was one of the things she could live with. Anything that could keep her away from the mind of a pirate would do. After all, she was a marine.

Rosaline glanced at Bepo and felt a smile tug at the corner of her lips. As soon as she realized what happened, she quickly pushed it away. He was one of the cutest animals she had ever seen in her life and as a traveling marine, you saw a lot. Ugly and disgusting was on the list of animals of the next island.

However, she didn't dare to think or say anything to the animal that would make him feel complimented because he was still a pirate. She tried to isolate herself away from the crew as much as possible and hoped that no one would try to talk to her.

There was a big difference when Law talked to her, who she could easily ignore because she wanted to irritate him. She was quite the talkative person when it came to people and it was one of her strong points.

Rosaline could walk up to anyone and start a comfortable conversation. When it came to marine work, she was able to capture her targets easily after merely worming her way into their friend zone but Law was different.

He was...awkward.

"Here we are. Captain should be inside...um..." Bepo's voice made her snap out of her thoughts and she heard him ponder while staring at her. There could only be one reason and if he wasn't staring at her with his big eyes, she would've left him in his confusion.

"It's Rosaline." She helped and gave him a warm smile before she stepped into the infirmary after opening the steel door. She briefly wondered if everything was made out of metal but then she was reminded that they were in a submarine. It was painfully obvious with the red lights switched on in the halls.

"It's about time you got here. Did you stop by the dock to get something before you came here?" Law's voice reached her ears and she immediately scowled at the male. He was sitting comfortably on a chair, by his desk, in his infirmary while wearing an annoyed facial expression.

Rosaline hated the male and as he stared at her from his position not too far away from her, she wished she could punch him again. What made matters worse, was the fact that he was both a pirate and a doctor.

It was clear that he liked to be in charge.

"Yes, I just wanted to throw away the horrible food you made," Rosaline replied with a sneer and Law's eyes darkened. She was always throwing him with insults and he was already angry with her for insulting his food once.

"Sit down and hold out your hands, without any snide remark." Law ordered and Rosaline rolled her eyes before she went to sit down on a chair in front of Law. She held out both of her bruised hands and Law's brows twitched before furrowing.

Rosaline watched as he suddenly grabbed her right hand and wanted to flinch but his touch was strangely gentle. She caught glance of the tattoos he had on his hands and even saw the word 'DEATH' spelled out with a syllable on each finger.

Now that she thought about it, Law had quite a few tattoos. He had the word DEATH on his fingers, another tattoo on the back of his hands, another on his arms with one of the forearms and one on the upper arm. She wondered what his fetish with tattoos was.

Her eyes shifted and she watched as he inspected her hand before moving his fingers over the bruised knuckles and applied pressure to them. Rosaline only bit hard on her teeth and didn't dare to make any sound from the pain he was causing.