CHAPTER 35

Rosaline stood on the deck of the Submarine and leaned over the railing on the side of the yellow vehicle. Her eyes were closed as the salty wind brushed through her medium length spiky hair and the music of the waves sang in her ears.

She missed the fresh air.

It was still an adjustment to travel around in a submarine and to stay in a limited space for long periods of time. Despite the submarine not being small, it was still difficult to stay in the metal ship for long periods of time. At times it became incredibly hot and other incredibly cold.

A small smile formed upon Rosaline's plush lips and she opened her blue orbs to stare out towards the horizon they were traveling towards. She crossed her arms over her body and glanced down at the blue waters below her.

There was one thing that no other ship could compete against and it was the beautiful view of the ocean that the submarine gave. It was a live view of the deep saltwater and the corals that grew so deep that no one could ever see.

No one except the Heart Pirates

Rosaline blinked a few times when she realized what she thought of before a chuckle escaped her lips. She surely had changed over time. She never thought that she would say that she was a pirate without grimacing. She had too much pride in being a marine to say so.

She did hate pirates...

That was who she was but now she didn't have that hatred anymore. She was free of that hatred and she was free of the torture she put upon herself. She was healed from the pain the navy caused her and all she had to say to them was that she would see them again one day.

She would pay them back with gratitude.

A sad smile consumed her former brightening smile and she could feel a clenching sensation from within her chest. She let out a sigh, irritated that she felt the clench. There was no fighting against the truth of how she felt about the navy.

She would lie if she said that she didn't miss Garp and Sengoku and even Aokiji they had encountered a while ago. They took her in when she came knocking at their door, soaked in the wetness of the night's rain.

Rosaline had a hard life with her training but she never gave up and, in the end, she became strong enough to stand up against her enemies. She knew that she needed more strength but she became a Captain in the Navy and it was more than she expected.

Rosaline believed that she could reach the other titles easily with her execution rate until she met Law who threw her entire world upside down. He made ripples in her mind and her world of just white and black was stained with grey.

Everything she was taught and knew about pirates were wrong. Only by becoming a pirate herself did she realize the truth. Now that she was the scum of the sea, she felt content and she didn't want to be anything else.

Maybe it was her blood?

After all, her father was a Pirate Emperor and even before that, he was a pirate that sailed on the deceased Pirate King's ship. It in her blood to sail the seas, to have adventures and make true comrades. The type that she had now.

A strong breeze blew from behind her and her hair was brushed forwards. Her blue orbs shifted back, a smirk forming onto her features. A pair of grey eyes stared at her before she broke the eye contact by looking back at the horizon again.

"Any reason for you to interrupt my peace, Law?" Rosaline asked with her tone laced with amusement to tease the pirate captain. She heard a scoff as Law walked in next to her, his eyes staring at her and avoiding the horizon.