CHAPTER 15

She was in a world of hatred and anger. She was struggling to get out of the darkness that was engulfing her heart. She didn't know whether to run or to hide from the thoughts that raged inside her head and could barely hear her sane thoughts.

Rosaline sat on her bed with her hands clutching her spiked red hair and her eyes glaring at the ground beneath her. She had a dull, pulsing ache in her head, probably as a result of her anger. Her hands were trembling and no matter how hard she tried to calm herself, her emotions were too overwhelming.

She hated that man.

She never expected someone to think that she resembled him. Not only did it piss her off, but it made her panic. If the World Government found out who she truly was, she would be in a great amount of trouble and executed for sure.

Rosaline took the name of her mother, not wanting the cursed blood of her father that run through her veins, and joined the navy. She only wished that she could live a normal life under the status of a marine but it was a naïve thought.

Now, she was a pirate.

The door creaked open and she immediately snapped out of her thoughts. She let her hands drop from her hair and her brows knitted together as she stared at the dark male in the doorway. Had no regard for privacy.

"Any reason for you to not knock and invade my space, Law?" Rosaline asked in a dangerous tone at the male but he was unfazed by her threatening tone. His brows twitched slightly when he saw her skin was much paler than usual and her breathing, heavier.

"This is my submarine. I'm free to go and do whatever I want." He answered firmly causing Rosaline to rolled her eyes and cross her arms over her chest. He thrived on having power over others. It was one of the things she didn't know whether she liked or hated about the male.

She silently groaned when her head pulsed in pain again. It was either the fact that she was thinking too much or bad karma for hating everything. Well, not everything but mostly pirates and doctors and everything about them.

"What do you want, Law? I'm not in the mood for any arguments," Rosaline grumbled out while holding her head with her one hand. She was tired and despite it only being midday she wished she could climb in bed and sleep away her problems.

"I wanted to return this to you, Rosa-ya." Rosaline had to think fast, despite her pulsing headache, and caught her heart that was thrown towards her. She blinked in confusion at the organ. He gave her back her heart? Why? She looked back at Law, waiting for an explanation, wondering what he was scheming.

"Since you're not intimidated by death or pain, it would be useless to threaten you with that." Law pointed out and Rosaline raised an eyebrow. He was giving up so quickly? She didn't know if she needed to be suspicious or relieved, especially when Law didn't look like the type to give up.

"Also, I need to do one last examination of your hands to see if they're fully healed, even though you already used them in combat," Law finished. Rosaline let to an exasperated sigh while putting her heart back in her chest.

"Fine... I don't have a choice anyway." Rosaline grumbled out. Law chuckled at her childish behavior before he exited the room, Rosaline following. She had her eyes glued to the ground and her arms were crossed over her chest as they advanced towards his infirmary.

She didn't say a word and managed to hold her emotions in place. Law was the last person she wanted to see how she was truly feeling. The other reason was because she was agitated by his timing. She needed her own alone time and he was stealing that away from her.

Law glanced at the female from the corner of his eyes as he inspected her. She was awfully quiet and her pale complexion was evidence that she looked sick. Her breathing was heavier than normal and he could see the tiredness in her eyes. Was it because of the fight earlier? Was it something else?