CHAPTER 8

"Guys, maybe we should just leave her alone. I mean, she was a marine and now she's on a pirate ship while being forced to be a pirate. She's too dangerous." One of the crew members said in a wary tone as they all sat around the dining room table.

"I agree, she's a threat and I don't trust her at all. She could attack us anytime she wants to or even damage the ship." Jambarl pointed out and most of the crewmembers agreed. However, two of them disagreed.

"No, she isn't a threat anymore." Shachi said and everyone glanced at the red-haired male. "Think about it, she could've killed us a long time ago and damaged the ship but she didn't. She's been minding her own business and made no hostile movements against us. She even makes us food!"

They wanted to disagree with him but he was right, Rosaline did mind her own business and showed no signs of rebellion once so ever. They still wanted to disagree but Penguin nodded in acceptance. He agreed with Shachi and despite knowing she was a marine, he trusted that she wouldn't attack them.

"Well, I don't care what any of you say. Captain put her on this crew and I trust Captain. I know she isn't a bad person like you all assume she is. This is our first female comrade and even if she was a marine it's all in the past now." Shachi stated and stood up from his seat.

He gave them all one final glance before he walked out of the room leaving the men with their own thoughts. They still didn't trust her but they trusted the Captain with their lives. Maybe, just maybe, she wasn't that bad but they weren't going to trust her just yet.

She was a marine after all.

***

"Rosaline-chan! Captain wants you on deck!" Shachi called the red-haired female as he stood by the door of her room. He waited for a few seconds, only to receive no response. He let out a sigh and put his hand on the door's handle before opening it.

"Rosaline-chan?" He asked as he glanced inside her room. The red-haired female's physique was nowhere to be seen. He blinked a few times before he exclaimed in shock. He drew the crew's attention and Penguin came running into the room.

"What's wrong?! What happened?! Wait, what are you doing in Rosaline-chan's room?!" He exclaimed and Shachi pointed around in the room. Penguin raised an eyebrow at the male's action and shook his head in confusion.

"She's missing!" He yelled out in panic and Penguin's eyes widened before they both stormed out of the room while running towards the deck. They were in big trouble if she ran away without them noticing and they knew their Captain would have their heads if she did.

Literally.

"CAPTAIN!" They called out as they arrived on the deck and Law glanced back along with the rest of the crew who stood outside. They both breathed heavy and Shachi held up a hand while gasping for air before taking a deep breath.

"Rosaline-chan's gone! We already checked her room and she wasn't there!" Shachi told his Captain and saw the male give them a blank stare. He raised an eyebrow and pointed behind them, making the two out of breath males glance up behind them.

Their eyes widened when they saw a familiar spiked hair female sit on the roof of the submarine and relieved smiles made it onto their lips. Law chuckled at their behavior and he turned back to the rest of the men.

"We'll dock here for a few days while we pick up on a few supplies. See it as a short break before we set out again," Law spoke up and everyone grinned while nodding in understanding. It could be hard to stay in the cramp space of the submarine. They needed some fresh air from time to time.